I have been constipated for quite some time and I can’t figure out why. I have been eating a lot of vegetables that contain fiber and it didn’t help. I even took fiber supplements and am still constipated. For the last week I have been having pain in the lower left quadrant but it occurs only during bowel movements. I can’t figure out if it is due to constipation or what.

The probable reason you are still constipated even with eating fibery foods is because you are not drinking enough water. You need to drink water, to get proper bowel movements as your bowels would take water and then none of it will be left to soften the waste. If you are eating a lot of foods with fibers and not drinking enough water, you will only get more constipated. As for the pain in the lower abdomen, it could be due to constipation but maybe you should have it checked. I know it’s not sudden and severe and you didn’t say you had any other symptoms but my husband had very strong pain in the lower abdomen, when he was taken to hospital and found out he suffered from diverticulitis and had to be operated immediately.

I suffer from the same pain that your talking about but mine comes with any abnormal bowel movement. The pain may be associated with certain food groups that your body is no longer able to handle such as dairy products or noodles. I have my pain to a science, I ate baked ziti the other night and I'm in consistent pain this morning. As far as I'm concerned there is always a link. Try cutting back on your dairy because most people have problems handing dairy anyway and cheese could be a factor in your constipation as well. If you do some research you'll find that as we age many people become less and less able to digest the sugars found in milk, and those who cannot have bad abdomen pain associated with trying to digest it.

My wife has sharp pains in her lower left quadrant. She had both overies removed two weeks ago. That was not the fix! She still is having pains after she eats anything, and when ever she has a bowel movement. Please try and help us out ? :-(

I'm a 40 plus year old women , I just had two ovaries removed two weeks ago. That did not fix my problem? I'm still having bad sharp pains in my lower left quadrant , every time I eat something. And when I have a bowel movement? :'(

please give info.

I also suffer with lower left quadrant pain.Dr says it could be a sensitive sigmoid colon. Try drinking lots of water and not worrying about it .

i am only 14 i have intese pain in my stumach that just started out in my lowe rleft part of my stumach when i went to the bathroom. now my pain is all over the place and i have had my ovaries checked and they found a hugh cyst in my left ovary. they treated it with the bcp and it went away but im still in pain. Its like i always have to go to the bathroom and im always contapated than i get dirreah or its regular but intense pain???