I need help guys. For the last four months my periods started going crazy and I would bleed randomly although I have always had regular periods. Ever since my periods started changing, I also started experiencing very strong pain on the left ovary during my periods. I am sexually active and I have suffered fro Chlamydia a year ago but had it treated. However, I had no such symptoms. I am 23 years old and have been using condoms ever since I contracted Chlamydia last year. Any ideas on what this could be?

Hi there! I have had similar symptoms all my life. My periods have never been regular and it is quite possible that I don’t ovulate regularly. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome, which is a hormonal disorder. Not only that I am not ovulating but I am also having problems with insulin production and have been unable to lose any weight for a very long time. My skin is very oily and it seems as if there’s no help. Also, every time I would get periods, the pain would be so severe, it would hurt around ovaries, lower abdomen and go to my thighs. My doc even suggested removing the ovary but I am not sure I want to. I am about to start some sort of a hormonal treatment and I may let you know how it goes and I would also advise you to see a gynecologist and see what the problem is.

Hi
I got chlamydia almost 2 years ago, from my boyfriend who I am still with. I never had any health problems and noticed it right away! I got treated and everything was fine. About 5 months later I started to get pains on my right ovary, so I went to a local clinic. They tested me for all these things, everything came back negative. So they sent me to get an ultrasound. It appeared that I had a cyst on my right ovary. The doctor at the clinic sent me to a gynecologist. The gyn told me I had nothing to worry about and sent me on my way. This all happened in a matter of 7 months, in which I probably got like 3 exams and 2 ultra sounds. I had my yearly pap this summer and tested negative for whatever I was tested for (hpv, chlamydia and gonorrhea.. i think). The doctor was in a rush and brushed off my concerns about my cyst (all different doctors i saw). Now I feel like I have chronic abdominal pain, and I am just sick of going to the doctor. My boyfriend was very promiscuous before me, and I honestly feel like it is something serious. Can anyone help me?

hey

in december 2009, one night i started having strong pains in my rght side and i couldnt walk. i was due for a period but i got sent to hospital and in the end i had to have my overy and fallopian tube taken out as my overy had twisted and made it burst as i had a cyst on my overy :-( bad time..i get very bad period pains now but a tablet called ibucalm helps me a lot cant get it at many places though.

hope this helped and dont worry youlll be ok :-) x