I am 2 weeks pregnant, and have a cyst on my right ovary. I have mild cramping caused by it. I have also been bleeding or "spotting". Not enough to be a miscarriage, but enough that I am worried. I had 2 ultra sounds done and a pelvic exam in the emergency room, but they dont know why I am bleeding. Anyone have any ideas why? Or have gone through something simular? Thanks!

YOU COULD not be 2 weeks pregnant and KNOW IT, pregnancy is calculated by LAST Menstrual period, NOT CONCEPTION. CONCEPTION is hard to trace...

YES, it could be from cyst, or you could have other problems. ER ARE NOT OBGYN DOCS, you need to see a private GYN doctor.

im 8 weeks pregnent and also have a cyst on my right overy its really pain full i was taken into the hospital with cramping and bleeding they did a scan and found it they told me in most cases they go after a few weeks i have to go bak for a scan in 4 weeks time so fingers crossed its gone. i was told that it can be caused when the egg enters or somthing to do with hormons i wasnt really paying attention was to busy looking at the screen looking at my baby its was only tiny was just kinda a white blob but i could see its heart beating i burst into tears lol

cysts can actually cause a miscarriage and happens in about 50% of pregnancies as I know a lot of people that have had miscarriages because of cysts. You need to get checked out right away and get second opinions on what to do. Spotting can be normal or it can be a start of a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy. Stay on bed rest and try not to stay active throughout the day or until the bleeding stops. It is always good to have tests done before you get pregnant or try to conceive because it is best to have cysts removed if you have any and best to have test to make sure everything is fine. Just try to rest and don't walk around a lot, as this is the best thing that you can do for yourself.

Hi, I have the exact same thing without the spotting. I have a cyst in my right ovary and just found out I'm starting my 5th week of pregnancy. (I understood what you meant by 2 weeks, to me it really seems like it's only been two weeks as the first two don't seem to count). Just wanted to respond to one of the answers, it's only polycystic ovaries (ones w/ many cysts) that pose a problem w/ miscarriages, one cyst should not cause problems, maybe just a little more pain. I'm definitely expriencing the usual ovary pain. Anyway, hope things are ok!

Depending on the size of the cyst will depend on what the doctors will need to do about it while you are pregnant. I have a cyst on my right ovary that is so large the doctors have officially classified it as a "tumor" or "pelvic mass". I am approximately 9 weeks pregnant, and for me they have to perform surgery during my 2nd trimester. Normally they may have only drained it, however they are concerned that mine might be cancerous. I have just been transferred to a team of High Risk, Maternal Fetal Medicine, doctors here at St. John's in Michigan and they seem pretty positive about the outcomes. That does not stop the daily praying I do in hope that everything does turn out okay.

Also, cysts are often "normal" during pregnancy. Especially early pregnancy, because of the Corpus Litumn (I probably spelled that horribly wrong), which produces progestrone and other things that help to maintain a pregnancy. These type of cysts often disappear around the 12th week or there about when the placenta takes over caring for the baby.

So, no cysts themselves do not cause 50% miscarriage rate, yes sometimes they are very normal in early pregnancy, and if you are concerned, you need to speak to your doctor about things.

[quote="

i just found out sat i'm pregnant and this morn i started bleeding bright dark red, i'm crampy and bleeding like the first day of a period. my periods are normally real heavy. i've miscarried three times before and this will be my 5th baby. what is some of your insite?

If you are pregnant and you bleed bright red at any time, or pink, during your pregnancy you need to goto your doctor or an ER immediately.

I know the last post was a while ago, but I am hoping someone may put my mind at ease. I have an ovarian cyst of 12cm and have been waiting for a date from the hospital to have surgery, but last night I did a home pregnancy test which has showed I am pregnant. Its the weekend where all the Doctors offices are closed, I live in Tenerife so there are no family planning type clinics I could pop into. Does anyone know what would the procedure be, would they still perform surgery?

I would appreciate any information you may have on this subject!!

I usually don't respond to posting boards, but today, I feel it is necessary. To the second person on the board who says that you cannot know you are pregnant at two weeks, they don't know what they are talking about. I knew I was pregnant 3 days after ovulation. And it was confirmed at the 3rd week (thats 3 weeks from the first day of my last menstration). I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I was rushed to emergency with extreme pain in my abdomen. I have had 4 miscarriages and one child. This will be my second child. I was not even concerned about miscarriage with this pain. It was a different kind of pain. When I got to the hospital, they did lots of blood work, two transvaginal ultrasounds as well as a regular ultrasound. The ultrasounds confirmed the length of my pregnancy (5-1/2 weeks). The only thing they could not tell me for sure was what was causing the pain. The only conclusion they could come up with was that I had a "pregnancy" cyst which ruptured. It bled for 3 days, and I was in the hospital for observation. The ruptured cyst caused my abdomen to fill with blood, and this caused the pain. My pregnancy hormones are fine, they saw a heart beat already and the pregnancy is not an issue. I am now home and the pain is still there, but has eased off. I am off for another ultrasound and more bloodwork on Wednesday next week. Just to make sure that the bleeding has completely stopped and that it was indeed a pregnancy cyst. I just wanted to post to let people know that if you find yourself in extreme pain, almost like you need to go for a bowel movement and cannot and then it feels like bad gas. the course of a few hours can make all the difference, don't wait. Get to the emergency room.

Carifairy wrote:

Wow? How did this even get posted? Seems kind of like she is talking down to the orginal poster.

Method of conception needs to be taken into consideration. If you are working with fertility specialist chances are you WOULD know when you are 2 weeks pregnant. EXAMPLE: I had an iui (inter uterine insemination) done on June 15 th. This was based solely on close monitoring of my cycle through bloodwork and ultrasounds. I go back for a pregnancy test (through blood) on the 30th of June. If it is possible, I will be two weeks pregnant at that time.

So it is possible to know.

MY sister in law went to the doctor and fond out she was two weeks pregnant and now this little boy is four in half. When she was pregnant with her second son. She had a cyst and the doctors waited. Her second son was full term and her first was a month early. 8-| She had her tubes tied after her second one and he was full term. The doctor said if they couldn't shrink it with medicine. The doctors will have to remove the cyst. If the cyst get bigger. Yes she had more than one cyst when she got pregnant but sometimes they don't go away on their own. Go to medhelp.org and on the web sight have doctors answer stuff about cyst and being pregnant Good luck! ;-)

Hello, I am 9 weeks pregnant and just found out that I have a cyst on my right ovari, I have been having alot of back pain, no cramping and I think because I know I have a cyst It scares me a little bit more. Am I over-reacting? Is it normal to have serious lower back pain?

i am 9 weeks pregnant and have a cyst very scary i have these stabbing pains that take my breath away :-S i was put into hospital but i walked out scared of the out come

im 5 wks an have pain at bac of chest which docs don't seem concerned about at all cuz im only 28, i have spotting on an off 4 3 days an pains in lower abdomen an constipated they done scan an i got a cyst they don't seem too bothered i am tho u should go back to hospital if just to know 4 sure it mite b unrelated.