About 1 month ago i came into work and sat in my office. after eating a chocolate danish i felt a sharp sharp pain under my left rib and it sort of spread throught my chest. I could deffinitly feel it the strongest between my hip bone and my lowest left rib. again at lunch it came back and by the end of the day i could eat and it was fine. a month has passed and yesterday the pain happend again, after eating a danish. this time at lunch i tried eating very slow and chewing my food alot more. the pain never really came back. today i woke up and didnt want it to happen again so i didnt eat breakfast and after just eating 2 bites of a bacon cheeseburger and 8 fries ( not from a fast food chain) i had the pain again. i have no idea what it could be. my Pancreas is right there intestines and stomach. Please help i am thinking of the worst and ide love to hear something.

i to am suffering from the same pain! it feels like wind is stuck in ther and cant get OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
did anyone reply to what this could be?
im in pain right now would love some help!
to scared to eat my next meal!!!!

I have the samething, except it starts from my right side, and reaches my left side (although mostly from comments I gather, people seem to experience it as you do: left upper rib, below chest). These pains are usually recurring when I fast for a month. But usually they stop. This year, it has become chronic and almost unbearable. My PCP just gave me a blank look, not even recommending a gastrointestinal specialist referral, and just stuck his finger up my ass. Not going to see the butt goblin, again.
I'm also experiencing symptoms associated with IBS (look it up), so I'm sure it is gastrointestinally related. The one thing that has changed between this year and the others (besides my age) is that my life-style has become completely sedintary. So, I"m going to start going to the gym. What i hope is that an obstruction, like an ulcer or impacted fecal matter is not occuring, because if that is the case, it will take more than the treadmill and weights to fix this problem...

What I forgot to mention is that irregularity of sleep seems to be a common factor amongst people's horror stories. So in addition to exercise, normalcy in sleep paterns (and the resulting output of serotonin) should fix this. However, if there is a blockage from impacted fecal matter and/or ulcer, their might be quicker ways to fix this.... I really think that the accumulation of gas in that region is an irregularity that has to do with a blockage or obstruction.....Perhaps even more intolerable than the rib pain is the odor, absolutely disgusting and crippling...Around afternoon, I begin to feel unclean, subtly putrid and uncomfortable, without any soiling. I believe this has to do with mucus lining that accumulates due this blockage inside...

don't panic I've had the same problem for about a year, until I ended up in the hospital, they couldn't find out what the pain was. When I had the pain in the hospital it was like labor. I'm finally going to have my stomach

checked. I only eat because I have to. But before you end up with the real pain I would suggest going to get checked. It hurts to eat, It's been about a year and I've lost about 30lbs. in the last year I guess it's time I get it checked. That's really all you can do to find out what is wrong. Just thought I'd let you know I have pain when I eat too, and I'm still going strong. And I'm still alive just to handle all the financial problems :o :o . What could be worse?

Hi everyone. I had problems with my liver and blocked bile ducts about 5 years ago which was treated in hospital. However, I waswarned that it had damaged my pancreas and have had the pain u all describe since then. Early this week the pain was so cronic i ended up in hospital where they believe I had passed a kidney stone which had set off my pancreas again. At times I have been kept in hospital and put on a drip for a few days. This time I was kept for a day then let out with strong painkillers. The pancreas causes very sever pain and as bad as giving birth at times. I now know the signs and a week later I'm still struggling to eat and still on painkillers but every day gets a little easier. I really do advise u all to get treatment straight away instead of leaving it because the quicker you do the easier it is for them to get you comfortable and out of pain. The pain can be scary and excruciating but I don't worry anymore. It shoots through to the back and feels like it spasims very intensively. I get a slight temperature but can be violently sick when it comes on suddenly very strongly instead of a gradual build up. Other times I'm not sick. I'm writing this post because I know people often think the worst which is worrying. After all this time I still don't know what sets it off but I usually control it with tablets and a certain diet as I can no longer eat meat. Other times I end up calling an ambulance but either way I'm no longer scared. The only advice I can give is to get it checked out asap and don't leave it. I hope this helps some of you and stops some of your worry.

I have experienced the pain in upper right abdomen for last 2 years..on and off... when it first happenned I was told by my GP I had ulcer, after endoscopy a few months later I was told I had Hiatus Hernia, so I just carried on, and put upwith the episoes of pain and put it down to the hernia. Anyway recntly over the last few monthe the episodes became more frequent lasted longer and more painful, on one occassiosn I passed out with the pain, since then I ws admitted to hospital with pancreatitus, while they have been investigating the cause of this, they have found a cyst on the tail of my pancreas, I have just had biopsy done last week waiting for results, I am just praying its not cancer, as pancreatic cancer can kill in months not years and in uncurable unless caught at early stages. So dont take the first answer get it checked out, pester them become a nuisance, its your life not theirs...get the test done Ct scan and Endoscopy, demand it !!!!!
if it is noth9ing serious you will have peace of mind aty least, if it is something nasty the sooner its treated the better your chances 11 dont waste time it is precious !! Good Luck all.

Do you find on walking - movement the pain increases. Do you find being in the fetal position helps?? I had these symptoms
Which soon grew into throwing up after meals it got so severe If you are still suffering from
This please get tested by ct scan for sma syndrome I had these symptoms
That got worse and turns out I had this rare illness it is extremely hard to get diagnosed for doctors are unaware or do not believe it please seek help your not alone !!

please get checked for superior mesenteric syndrome.. this is what i had for a year and a half undiagnosed... its extremely rare and the hardest part is getting diagnosed as very few doctors are aware fof the illness

Lesser extent but probably the same - (posting here because some people with some of these symptoms will end up here.)Hey guys I hope everyone with this issues sees this.  You may have this to a lesser or more sever extant.  I had pneumonia a little over a month ago and one day after not sleeping for days and days I woke up after taking what was not a smart amount of various medications to help me sleep and help my symptoms. Well, I slept but I woke up with the feeling I had been shot through and through from under my left rib cage and out the back. I feared that I damaged my liver and was so embarrassed I didn't go see anyone and lived in agony and off of left over pain killers for a good week or so. I couldn't lay on my front or back without it making it worse, when I ate right after each swallow it hurt really bad, I felt bloated right under my rib cage, and was easily out of breath. At times it felt like I was having a heart attack. I finally went in after being out of pain meds and the doc was really concerned. They did blood work and that was all find, so no worries about liver or gallbladder so she was concerned I had a pulmonary embolism but I had no other symptoms related to that. Still, she wanted a catscan to be sure but I wasn't about to pay for that. So I went home and did TONS of research. I came to the conclusion I had developed GERD. So I went and bought some over the counter 150 strength generic zantac to find out if that was my ailment. Sure enough after two days of taking it twice a day my symptoms pretty much went away. I stopped taking it to make sure I wasn't just better and it was a coincidence and yep after a day it came back. I called my Doc and she agreed (my thought is why didn't she realize this!?!?) So I started back up on a prescrip of same med and have been on it for the past week and pretty much prob free. If I forget to take my night dose I know because I start coughing which is another symptom because the acid is irritating your throat. I go take it and in about 30 min stop coughing. I hope this reaches and helps everyone scared to death by these symptoms like I was. It is a pretty cheap test to see if this is your issue without paying for all the other tests. HOWEVER! If you have a change in your stool like some people have said tarry looking or bloody GO TO THE DOCTOR because that is not GERD, that would likely be a peptic ulcer or something else similar which can be an emergency.

34Y F Have had pain left side under ribs for two years now constant pain worse after eating anything. Pain less intense if I lie down on my back. Lost 17lbs now only 91lbs. Have had multiple CT scans, Mri, Ultra sounds, Angiocardiogram, bloodwork after bloodwork , GI study, barium study, endoscopy, hida scans, everything came back normal. Have seen cardio dr.s, gastro dr.s, vascular dr.s, general surgeons, specialists. Please if anyone has found a cause, please please tell me. I do not know what else to do, I have to take pain meds just to eat two bites of food. Please help.

I have the same problem, but it only occurs on my right side after I run laps or I eat a TON of sugar. I get the sugar thing, but not really the running thing. If anyone has an answer I would love to hear it, so I know I won't die young.

have you had your gallbladder checked?

Have you figured out what's going on?

I have rib pain Everytime I eat chocolate,choc.has caffeine,caffeine agravates pleuracy,spices also agravate it...