I started having sharp pains just under my left breast/upper ribcage immediately after drinking. It started a few days ago after slamming a diet coke. Sharp pains, but they don't last long. This continued all weekend, then progressed from carbonated beverages to any beverage. Worse with cold liquids. Went to ER sunday, ekg and x-ray and bloodwork normal. going to gastroenterologist on Thursday (7/9/09). ER doctor says its likely GI related - not heart or lung. Today it is starting to hurt when eating as well. At first it was only drinking. I can't help but think the worst. Ugh. I will respond again after Dr. appt. It's only a consult though, so I doubt he'll do any tests like endoscopy yet. I just want the pain to go away!

I'm really sorry to hear that your stomach is giving you problems. I agree that it's probably something GI related and it's possibly something like an ulcer is my guess? I would like to know what the gastroenterologist says because I'm not entirely sure but I don't think that it's something to worry about unnecessarily just yet! I know you can't help but think the worst but try to remain calm. Keep us posted on what the doctor says and good luck to you!

Hi i have got pain under my left ribcage and i have two ribs that is like they are pushed out a little bit it is painful when i move around sometimes and a sharp pain onit when i touch it what can it be.

Hi my name is Tracey it started about a week ago. I have this pain between my two breast near the ribcage. I thought it was heartburn but now i am not sure. it hurts was i eat and drink espcially straight after i swallow. it just stop in the one spot and the only way i can discribe it is if someone hit in the chest. it;s only when i eat and drink. it only happens when i swallow. i get a sharp pain like i can't breath. I also have wind and beling a lot. At the moment i am take pantoloc control. i think i should go to my doctor but i am not sure as it could just be heartburn altough there is no burning.

This is me exactly... I wonder what the doctor said?

This is me too. What wete the results?

This is me lately it only last like 3 minutes but it hurts...I dont have insurance so if anyone finds out what it is please let me know

Anything on this!.. I am having the same for the past few days..

Me too. Over the last week. I swallow and immediate pain between my ribs area. Like my esophagus or something. But I also feel sick mostly in the morning at first. Now, the nausea feeling is all the time. But what she describe is the cold water, and the other things she said. Is exactly me. If anyone found anything out, please post.

I think I have found my answer. It is probably GERD. I took some Omeprazole and within two days all the pain was gone. What I relief!!! I still take it. I will for probably two weeks to ensure that I am healed of inflammation and such.

I have i pain in my esophagus and ribs when I swallow. I am going to a swallow test but I can not wait please help me

On Monday I got sick to my stomach. Was a nasty colitis attack, on top of a nasty cold. Puked day and night Mon. - Wed. Think I tore a muscle in my back under left shoulder when retching. Yesterday my knees kept buckling, and now this discomfort after swallowing. I am 57, woman,home remedies please?

I know this post is old but I was having the same issues. Pain when swallowing and nausea practically 24/7. I had an endoscopy done and the doctor put me on omeprazole. The doctor's pretty certain that I have gastroparesis. Maybe look into that and see if it sounds like what you're experiencing. I'm going in again talk about medication with him. Reglan sounds like the most common medication but has some scary side effects. Anyway, it took me a year and a half to finally have some answers so hopefully this helps you out if you're having the same experience as me!

I have this pain too when i swallow after eating or drinking. question: are all of you on cpap machine , do u have gas too, do u have burping a lot?. LETS FIGURE THIS OUT .

I had an endoscopy three days ago cause I have heartburn, nauseous and vomiting quite frequently. After my endoscopy, I had a sharp stabbing like pain near my left boob. It felt a little better the next day. Getting worse now. Hurts about a second after I swallow, always in the same spot. They took biopsies during the endoscope. It hurts so bad to eat that I am going to the ER.