Hi, I have been having upper stomach area pain for the past week. Very unusual for me. Last night it erupted in very sharp contraction like pains that were completely debillitating. It occurs in the upper right quadrant and happened shortly after drinking a hot chai tea with sugar and milk. I don't know if that was coincidental or not, but seemed to aggravate the pain. I took pepto and an antacid-prilosec and the contractions diminished by half, but still existed to some degree. I slept, but was in pain most of the night, which woke me when moving. The sharp contractions are gone, but that entire side of my abdominal area feels very sore and bruised allowing minimal and slow movements. What is this?

Camille wrote:

Hi Camille,

I dont know what to tell you. But you should DEFINETLY see a doctor and let him know how the pain is and what you are feeling. There are several things in that area of the body, but your doctor will know best. Be sure to see him.

Hizgrace