For at least the past month, I have been experiencing sharps pains in the upper right quadrant of my back...below the wing bone as I call it. I do not have this pain during waking hours and do not have it when I go to sleep, but it will wake me during the night many times and once awake, I cannot get comfortable. I have great difficulty turning over as the pain stabs and actually makes me grunt out. Once I am up and mobile in the a.m. it subsides....could this be from gallbladder stones, etc?
I have high blood pressure controlled by meds....most of the time. My glucose levels go up and down and am trying to control with diet and exercise. I had been on glipizide months ago, but it made me feel awful....and my MD said glucose level was 6.5, perhaps not low enough for the meds, which dropped it too low. So MD took me off the meds.
This upper quadrant pain is there most nights, and I can count on one hand how many times I have not had it in the past month.
I have an appointment with my MD next week, but would like your input. Thank you.

If it has not gone away in 3 months you should see a specialist. It will most likely never go away.