I have been getting severe pains in my upper abdomin. The pains steadily pulse and increase to a point where I almost can't take it, and then it decreases in the same manner that it came. This has happened to me 3 times in the last six months. The first two times I got X-Rays and an ultrasound and they found nothing with my pancreas, gall bladder, or apendix. I just got it again last week while at the beach on vacation. I go see my doctor on Monday to hopefully get a referral to gastroenterologist. Does anyone know what this is?

I hope by now, 8/25/2012, you have resolved the pain.  I go for my #3 endoscopy week after next...follow up to bleeding...i developed right, upper quadrant, side and back pain, intermittently, now, for 3 day.  AT that time I called my doc, he said, typically the liver

does not have pain....it can't be "white food", since I was eating saltines since being home from the hospital.  It seems to flare up, never in the am., but by 2:30 pm. ever day.  I'll have to call him again; i t seems whenever I need to see a doc, it's the weekend.....I can only take 1/2 tab of a 325 mg tylenol at a time.....