I am feeling sensation which I can only describe as fluttering in my upper right quadrant. I am more and more worried about it each day. I haven’t told to my husband. He always says that I am making much fuss about nothing. Maybe I do, but this time I think that it could be serious. What should I do about this fluttering?

You surely have to cheek that fluttering in the upper right quadrant. Maybe is harmless, like muscle twitching, but maybe there is some underlying medical condition which needs to be treated. Conditions like: IBS, pancreatic disorders, inflammatory bowel disease, pulmonary infections and tumors, coronary artery disease, liver disease, and functional abdominal pain, including disease of the gallbladder, common bile duct are all possible causes of URQ pain.

I thought it was only me! I described it as if there were a cell phone on vibrate in my side! Have you found any answers?

My husband is suffering from this and we are both very worried. We have an appointemnt but not for another few weeks. Has anyone with fluttering in upper right quadrant been given any tentative diagnosis or found any further information? Also, there is occasional fluttering in upper right thigh.....

I have suffered from this condition for several years (maybe 5 or 6), and I always hear the same thing--muscle spasm. My gallbladder has been gone for 13 years, but the spasms feel like a gall bladder attack, with the pain radiating in the opposite direction, from back to front along my right side, just at the bottom of my ribcage. The first doc I saw about it prescribed Vioxx, which worked wonderfully, if you can get past the fact that I gained 16 pounds the one week I was on it due to water weight. Couldn't even put my shoes on. The pain is sharp, and the duration of the "attack" only for about one minute, but I can tell you it is a very long minute. It takes my breath away and I cannot even speak, breathe, or anything else when I am having one. I tend to think it is muscle spasm, because the majority of the time, it happens to me while I am standing up, laughing. The pain radiates along my right side, very sharp, and eventually goes away with some deep breathing, similar to Lamaze breathing. It does not seem to be getting any better; in fact, the frequency of these "attacks" or "spasm" had increased over the last year from one or two a week to several a day. Wish I knew for certain what it is.

This vibration sensation just started in my urq. Did you ever get an answer?

Feels like a baby kicking but im not pregnant what can this feeling be..

Did you ever figure this out? I been having same thing and yesterday started feeling a vibration pain

worried. We have an appointemnt but not for another few weeks. Has anyone with fluttering in upper right quadrant been given any tentative diagnosis or found any further information? Also, there is occasional fluttering in upper right thigh.....

klmattox84914over a year ago

Did you figure out yet about this^?
Carole

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

yes in upper right quadrant area for two weeks off and on a quiver feeling or vibrating feeling I did not get checked yet I thought maybe is was a muscle , but I donot work out or try not to lift heavy things so I thought I would give a few more days. Please let us know what happens you are not alone in this!!

I thought it was my cell phone in my purse next to me. Happened to me last week in the evening. Would last for about 10 seconds then go away, come back again for 10 seconds, go away. I do exercise but had not that day. Felt it lying in bed too. Next morning I exercised and then stretched and did back exercises, didn't feel it as often that day. Next morning I exercised and did the stretches and back exercises again. By the 4th day, the vibrations were gone. So I believe it was a nerve in my back causing it and doing the stretches and back exercises helped me. Hope it can help you as well.