This has been bugging me for a couple of days now. On Saturday at work, my middle back started aching. I didn't think much of it as I had a recent lower back injury. But then within a matter of minutes the pain shifted to my upper abdomen. It was this deep aching pain as if I had been kicked by something large. I had trouble catching my breath and as a result got stumbling dizzy. I've never felt pain that bad, even during childbirth! Being the dolt that I am, I refused to leave work and didn't go to the hospital afterwards, as the pain had started to go away.

Yesterday I was off and didn't do much. I still had the pain but it wasn't as severe. Today it's getting worse again, but not so bad that I could justify going to the ER and since I don't have a regular doc I'm toughing it through with Pepto. Should I worry? Last week I was getting stabbing pains under my right arm and my stool has been very black recently - even without taking pepto which I know can cause that. On Sat I honestly thought i was having a heart attack for a while. Another weird thing is that lately I get horribly nauseous after even a half cup of coffee and I keep burping - constantly. I'm hoping it's just an ulcer but wonder if I should worry about something else?

HI there, I'm sorry to hear that you have had so much pain but you should go to a regular doctor or a GP, okay? This sounds like something that needs treatment, like it could be an ulcer, and an ER doc can't treat you for that. Can you do that?