Hello! my dad has recently lost a lot of weight and I wonder if this could be related to the constant right upper abdominal pain he feel recently-for more than few months now. And I am pretty much concerned for he now has constant fever that comes and goes for no specific reason and still he has got this right upper abdominal pain that when he has a fever is even much more severe.

Hi! I think your dad needs to go to have urgent medical check. You know those symptoms are not about to be ignored for they might indicate lever cancer-it might be a secondary in a form of metastases or simply it originates in the liver and is simply called-liver cancer. Anyway he needs some physical control for if it is a tumor mass in there it must be felt on the doc’s touch on the right upper abdominal area. So anyway he would probably be advised to do an ultrasound, CT or MRI scan as well as the blood test and if the enzymes are at high scale it might also indicate the liver cancer. You haven't mentioned if your dad was suffering cirrhosis for it could develop in cancer also and the trigger usually is hepatitis B or C-that usually occurs in persons who abuse alcohol. Anyway the usual treatment consists of chemo and radiation therapy and I don't think that prognosis are much positive but in the case the liver cancer is recognized and treated on time than the recovery chances are much bigger.