Question.. My girlfriend and I have have sex about once or twice a weekend (no protection) but I know that I haven't went in her one single time. She is late by about a week and she has had a positive and negative test. Not sure what brand she took. I have been thinking and I just can't believe that she could be pregnant. Like I said I know that I haven't went inside her. We always pull out. She does have a pretty irregular period at times and has been sick with strep throat/cold. I know the chances of pre cum are low and we have only done it like once since her last period last month. What's the deal here? Any reassurance would be nice! Thanks!

Also she has been on the pill for a while but quit taking it A while ago. Also she has had one month where she totally missed her period and then started it the next month. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hi guest,

False negatives are common, false positives are rare. If she actually did have a positive then there is a good chance of pregnancy.

Repeat the test. When she does, use ONLY her very first morning wakeup urine. It is more concentrated and more likely to give an accurate reading.

Good luck.