I took a Equate home pregnancy test and forgot about it. Horrible I know. When I went back and looked hours later (I know that it has a 10 min limit), it was positive. So that next day I took a EPT blue cap test, and it was faintly positive in the time line, and then the following day I took Answer and got 2 negatives and one more EPT positive. So all in all, I received 2 negatives (same brand) and 3 positives (2 different brands). That Tuesday I went to the doctor and got blood work and they called and said it came out negative. (Military lab)

I had to periods in Nov, one for 6 days, a week off and then another Starting Nov 20 for 6 days. I took the pregnancy tests Dec 12th-14th and the blood work on Dec 16.

What happened? How did I manage to become the 1% error 3 times? Anyone have advice?

I have yet to see bleeding of any kind.

<a href="http://s463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/jonnalynnepg/?action=view&current=DSC045732.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket</a>

Hi, if you leave the test for too long, the second line always shows but appears faint. Both lines should be very red and if blood test showed no pregnancy, I suppose you are not pregnant.

plz let me know how ur situation turned out im going through the same thing

Hey ive had two faint positive pregnancy test results and i went to the doctor and he did a urine test and it came back negative, im really confused as both times ive been pregnant before ive had faint positives and have misscarried both times. Im going to do another test tomorrow morning with my first morning urine. Also going to go to my GP and get them to do vlood work. I also have polycystic ovaries. Can you get more than one false positive? Can the doctors urine tests be wrong? Where do i go from here? i totally sympathize with anyone in the same boat as me.

hi im in a similar boat i had 1 positive test (first response) went to the doctors did blood and urine test both negative i am now 23 days late on my period could i still be pregnant please help its driving me insane.

I had the same thing...took 6 test 4 of the equate blue dye tests and one of the equate pink +/- test...all the blue dye tests showed positive and the pink dye was negative but turned positive after the time limit.But I went and had blood work done and it was negative plus a negative ultrasound...I hate the equate clear blue dye tests they got my hopes up soo much =( but i thought since i hadnt had a period in 4 months and i had those positives it was a forsure thing.I nded up having pcos and low progesterone.But they told me if the blood test is negative theres a VERY VERY low chance your preg. Im sorry darling I know how that feels. But baby dust to you!! =)

Hi all. I know what you all are going through because I have went through a similar situation and all I can say is keep your heads up. If you take a hpt and get a positive and then a week or so later get a negative you probably had what is called a chemical pregnancy where it was unable to fully implant in the uterus. Doctors say this happens about 40% of the time, however most women never know that this happens unless they are activly trying. So I hope that this helps. If you have this happen to you the best thing to do is contact your doctor, if the HCG blood test is negative then you are not pregnant.

Military RN!

I have pcos. My husband and I hve been trying for 12 years. This morning, my dog stepped on my boob and I thought I was gonna go through the roof. Since my breasts were so sore my husband ran and got two digital walgreens brand hpt. I used second morning urine and both said pregnant. Of course, we freaked out. He went back to the store and bought more tests. I peed again and they were all negative. I had a blood test that was negative too. Has this very happened to anyone and they were pregnant? o.O I think I would just be about two weeks preg. Help!

hi all i did a test and there were a faint line then i went and got a clearblue digital 1 and that sed pregnant and then two days later i went to the docs and he did 1 and it were negative and have to go back in a week now i just dnt no if iam or not any advice ???????????

hi i have my story i got spoting on 17/02/12, on 27/02/12 i was feeling dizzy then i try home pregnancy test on the afternoon then after few second it show positive, i was so happy and excited at the evening on the same day i went to the clinic to test my bood test and the result is negative. i was so dissapointed and confused why my pregancy test is positive but my blood test is negative...please advice me!!:(

hi sherwin, i have just had the same almost. im going insane. got a brown discharge for 3 days on the 17th feb 2012. i did a pregnancy test 26th feb, as feeling dizzy, headaches, sore boobs etc and i had 3 positive results. they took about 5 mins to appear. subsequently i have undertaken another 4 tests, all negative. i have PCOS and i had suspected i had a thyroid problem, but this appeared ok, although there was some abnormalites with my free t4 levels... which i was looking toward having further investigation. i still have sore boobs today, and feel extremely irritable. went to docs and they suggested a blood test (waiting on results). i have a feeling this will be negative and i am out of my mund with worry about what could have caused it.... of course i have googled every possibilty :-(
i realise this means there is probably not a live pregnancy. i have 3 boys already and have never experinced this. my husband is certain he wants no more children, but i have always wanted another. now i know im gonna be grieving for this unsuccessful pregnancy or worse have something wrong with me.... i feel utterly desperate. if it is an unsuccessful pregnancy, i have now (after a long time of coming to terms with baby days being over) feel like i have been set back completely. this is so unfair. im sorry i havent given u any answers but maybe just knowing ur not the only one going through this s##t will help? i really hope all is ok for you and me :-)

I'm going through a similar thing had ectopic 5th ago lost left tube, lmp beginning of Feb 5 days had sex 17th n 18th Feb period has not came 5th and 6th positive hpts using confirm brand, 8th neg blood 11th neg blood 13th ultrasound apparently to early to see anything, still no bleeding, symptoms include nausea, metallic taste in mouth, moody, loss appetite could I be pregnant