Is it true Adderall can give you a false negative for a pregnancy test?  I have yet to find a reliable source to back this up, but some say yes, and it seems most pregnant people on Adderall didn't find out they were pregnant until their 5th week or longer.  I suspect that I'm pregnant and have been slowly weaning myself off Adderall for the past few weeks (finally down to 5 mg/day and I've been taking total 60 mg/day for years), but so far all my pregnancy tests are still negative and my period was due over a week ago.  My period has never been late, and I'm having a lot of pregnancy symptoms...I just can't say for sure because all the tests are negative!

Hi Nelly,

It's unlikely.

The tests react to a specific hormone made by your body - hCG.  If it's there, you're pregnant.  Home tests do not work for all women.

When you test, you must use ONLY your very first morning - wakeup - urine.  It is more concentrated and will give the best results. It's not a matter of how much urine, it's the concentration.

If you are more than about 10 days late, and still have a negative test, see your doctor.  

Nelly,
I have been taking Adderall for almost a year now, and I continued to get false negative Home Prego tests, urine samples, even blood tests but I just knew something was different. So, I told my doctor that I still felt like I was pregnant, and even though they were negative results, I did not give up taking tests. I waited about a month and a half until I got a positive HPT with the line being so faint, it took my husband to confirm. I explained to my doctor what happened and he said that he was glad I went with my gut and because adderall is a Class C drug (Has not been tested on pregnant animals or humans) so no one knows the actual side effects of adderall and pregnancy. I hope this helps! :)

If you don't mind me asking did you get your period every month with the false pregnancy tests while on the Adderall?

Did they ever respond to you?

I am having the same problem I am on adderall and haven't gotten my period for over three months now and my blood and urine tests and home pregnancy are all showing negative but one showed positive with the very faint line on it. How did you find out you were pregnant? My dr wants me to do an ultrasound next week did it show up on your ultrasound?

were you pregnant?