hi i am just 18 years old and have asthma, i admit i was a smoker until my 'minor asthma' got worse i started to find my self having coughing fits and struggling to catch my breath and the more i coughed the worse my breathing got, so i quit smoking, but my breathung is still the same its horrible. I wake up during the night breathing heavily, struggling to catch my breath and also feeling very very hot and dizzy, i really dont understand why its got so bad, iv been like this for about a month and a half now :(

Hi, well quitting smoking is always a good decision. And it might take a while for your lungs to get cleared of tar. You say you have asthma ? Well, asthma tends to get worse if its not treated. The symptoms you are complaining about are most common for people who have asthma. I had similar issues but they were gone since i started using that spray (Alvesco) . Do you take any medications? If not, you should consider talking to your doctor and get some prescribed medications. It helped me a lot and i did not have any problems since then nor am i using the spray now. 

Are u on broncho-dilators ? You seem to need it.
Quitting Smoking is a good decision though.