Im 13 and I have a feeling im gay but don't know for sure. should I come out or should I wait until I fully know also something about being gay just seems right to me. Like I was meant to be gay.

Hello daddydefoe,

Here is one thing you need to take into consideration before coming out or not - during puberty most of teenagers question their sexuality, and want to try different things, be it relationship with same or opposite sex - similar to experimenting with alcohol, cigarettes... etc. Now, if you don't feel any attraction to the opposite sex at all, there is some chance things will remain same for the rest of your life. But, on the opposite end, there are also big chances that this is something you just want to try and see how it would make you feel. What makes you feel that you are gay?

Nicole

Thanks for your answer Nicole. The reason I feel im gay is because I am attracted to the same sex and I also want to feel that way it somehow makes me feel all calm inside like im making peace with myself.

Hi Daddydefoe
Many kids know their sexuality at a young age and I truly believe that we are born with our sexuality and there is no set age when we figure it out.
I have to say you reply I want to feel that way, it somehow makes me feel calm inside and at peace with myself is one of the best descriptions I have ever heard and it is absolutely wonderful and you should be very proud of yourself many kids struggle with this and you seem to be embracing and accepting it well done.
You are 13 and you most certainly can know and I think you do know what your sexuality is.
Coming out unfortunately is the tricky part in a perfect world anyone should be able to be open and honest about their sexuality but we are not there yet so all the pros and cons have to be looked at very carefully.
Things like how will the kids at school react to you coming out, what will your friends and family do are all things that you need to consider. There is no rush for you to come out and when the time is right I think you will know it and you will have looked at all the issues associated with coming out.
Your family will accept and love you no matter what and your true friends will stick with you but there are many things to carefully and thoroughly think over.
If I could suggest something it would be look for a youth LGBT in your community or at your school there are many kids discovering the same thing you have and it could be a wonderful way to find support and understanding about being gay and coming out.
I wish you all the best and I would be happy to try and help whenever you need it.

Thank you so much! This will definitely help me!

Your welcome understanding and support when we need it can make a huge difference so don’t be afraid to ask.