Hiya. Im 24 and was due for a pap smear tommorow. I am unsure whether to wait a week (for AF) just to see if I am pregnant or not before having it done. Ive had a few problems in the past hence me being refered at 24 and not 25, which include eptopic pregnancy(left tube removed), miscarriage, and current cysts on right ovary one being 55mm. My periods have been a bit here there and everywhere with 1 normal month every 6 weeks and this is the 'normal' month due on roughly 17th Sept. Im worried about having a smear and causing bleeding incase I was really early pregnant? I had a internal examination dont before previously when I miscarried shortly after which has dented by confidence. (Ive had a lovley healthy little boy since) but would hate to risk anything just incase. Am I just been silly or should I wait?

Any replies welcome and thanks x

Hi Claire: ALWAYS go with your instinct, if you feel that you would not like to have one, then don't! You can ALWAYS wait till later!! Due to all your problems and how long they have been around, doesn't mean that you can't wait a little longer for a test right? So I will keep my fingers crossed for you! And just let your gynecologist know about your worries OK? I'm sure they will advise the same thing - especially with your history! And also they could give you an ultrasound or blood test - even though it might be too early - just to see if in fact you are pregnant! So good luck and health honey!

Hi Clairey, can you give us an update? It sounds like you were pretty anxious so can you tell us how you're doing now? I just wanna make sure ou're okay. :-) Thanks!