hi, i was 5 wks pregnant on the 17/11/16 when i started bleeding. I bled for 3 days which was only light + only when i went to the loo, i had a small clot and no pain.I went for an early abdomonal scan today and got told there was no sigh of pregnancy-i had miscarried. I was just wondering if it was normal to only bleed for this amount time this early on.I have a miscarriage 4 yrs ago at 7wks and bled for about 2 wks and it was very heavy with lots of abdomanal cramps.My normal periods are very regular and last for 5 days.
if anyone can help please reply x

Not sure if you even remember posting this. But I was wondering what happened in 2006. You posted a question about whether there could be a miscarriage with only a couple days light bleeding. I've had a similar situation but my appointment with my doctor isn't until next week. Had you done a pregnancy test? Were you sure you were pregnant??

I started spotting a brown thick mucus and by the end of the day it had graduated to bright red blood. By the next day I had passed my gestational sac which resembled a slug. I stopped bleeding after 4 days and it was very light. I was 7 weeks pregnant. Hope this helps!

Ok I have tried to find out about this on the Internet and can't. I was told that after having an eptopic pregnancy 10 years ago and having a miscarriage several years prior to that - that I would not get pregnant naturally. Last week and maybe the week before that I had been feeling a bit off and confided in my husband that I thought - beyond all belief - I was pregnant. My period was late, I felt odd - unusual stomach pains etc - then a few days later my period came - only it wasnt like normal - I was ok for the first day but the following day I was bleeding so heavily I have to change every 15 minutes - it only lasted the same length of time as a normal period - but it felt alll wrong and I have never bled like that -even when I used to have irregular periods. I know I cant get pregnant - been told by so many specialist and doctors but I did think I was - my doctor cant see me for weeks and I don't know what to say anyway - could I have been pregnant? and why do I still feel pregnant?, despite the stomach pains and the heavy bleeding?

Hello Spacey

I know this answer will be a bit late as you posted your query in January. But maybe it might help, or help someone else in the same situation.

Maybe you were pregnant, despite the doctors predictions. If this happens again, take a pregnancy test.

Even if you suspect that you have just miscarried. If you were pregnant the pregnancy hormones will still be in you for a few days. So it will still show positive on a pregnancy test for a couple of days after, even though the line will get lighter and lighter. That is also why you can still feel pregnant a few days after miscarrying, because your body is still full of the pregnancy hormones. It takes a few days for them to subside.

At least you will know what has happened to your body. It won't change it I know, but at least you will understand what is going on.

Hello my name is Rochelle I have had three miscarriages and they where all different my first one I bleed heavy and it only lasted a few days the second one I found out that I was losing it because of my hcg Hormone levels they where very low 51 and then went to 32. Now just 8 days ago I lost my third one . My Hcg levels where up 2021 I started to spot it was old brown blood and it would come and go , then one day I started to cramp and bleed a lot redder blood I felt like I was having contractions and I passed My fetal sac that was 9/19/2009. It is now 9/27/2009 And I'm still bleeding and cramping not heavy more like spotting .I feel your pain and I would like to hear back from you to see if this helped . I will never give up on trying to have a baby with Gods all things are possible :) God Bless

hello rocklynn...and yes all things are possible when you have GOD and god bless you and hope and pray you get your baby that you want..I am praying for you..so have you talked to you doctor? keep us update on this and good luck to you honey!!

Remember Spacey, science only goes so far.. Then comes God!!

hiya ive recently had a miscariage n jus wonderin isit normal from it going from bright red to brown blood? how long wud u say it lasts altogether :-(

hiya ive recently had a miscariage n jus wonderin isit normal from it going from bright red to brown blood? how long wud u say it lasts altogether :-( x

Dear Guest,
I am a former OB nurse and I can tell you possitively that what you are experiencing is very normal. Brown blood is also called "old" blood. It will occur as the body begins to heal itself and the bleeding from miscarriage begins to end. So sorry for your loss.

I am going thro my first miscarraige at 6 weeks. Im having alot of heavy bleeding, pains that is bringing tears to my eyes, horrible clots,but what Im wondering how long does it last. Im going on almost a week. I havent passed the baby yet. The drs have told me that i didnt need a D & A cause my cervix will open up but it didnt take this long giving birth to my 3 year old..

hi everyone,

i was spotting early am on sunday dec. 18th 2011, then i got in a horrible car accident as i was leaving the E.R, they rushed me to the E.R again code blue i got admitted and my pregnancy levels were normal...the seat belt saved my life but all the accident came from my lap belt:-) , i had really bad bruising and as i was recovering a week had passed i was staying at my moms home w my husband cause its easier to be taken care of here and when my husband goes to work my mom stays w me ... well i sent my hubby home and my mom went to the grocery store real quick and i sat up and blood started gushing out when i took my undies off a clot the size of an apple fell to the ground, so i got a small cup while i sat on the toilet and picked up the clot i couldnt stopped gushing so i called my hubby to come get me .. i jumped in the shower to clean of all the blood but it got worse . i finally got a towel and cleaned off and got dressed  w my hubbies help when i walked down stairs my mom ran through the door and called the ambulance...i went to the E.R and when they took my undies and pad off i had given birth to a blood clot the size of my foot (7 1/2) and it kept happening over and over , it was like a real live delivery , then the ob gyn team came over and manually took the baby and the sac out . i stopped my heavy bleeding . noone told me if it was because of the accident that i lost the baby this happened mon dec 26, 2011...i do feel at peace , i could have died ..the doctors and EMT people said that that i have lost as much blood as there is in a I V bag .:-)  i was in between 6-8 weeks pregnant

** accident injuries came from the lap belt

Dear Obnurse
I am having a lot of problems with my body and not sure if I am pregnant or not. I have missed my cycle and bleed only one day and had brown discharge. The pee test best know as the home or clincal test do not work on me . I am having all the signs of being pregnant and here is the kicker I have epilepsy and I am on medicine for it. I have had kid before and I was almost 4 months along and did not know I was pregnant I had to do A blood test. Do you think I need to demand a blood test asap due to the meds I am on? My child was born 29 weeks due this please let me know what you think thanks.