hiya, iam 16 and have had unprotected sex 4 times in the past 2 week. I was due my periods on the 27th of November and its now the 4th December. I had taken a pregnancy test 3 days after i last had sex and it said negative. I have had no symptoms of my period coming and i am really scared incase iam pregnant because im so young :( help!

Hi booboo,

You're young.  It may be irregular.  Sometimes, for no reason, your period will be late or you'll miss one.

But, yes, you could be pregnant.  Pregnancy tests don't work immediately, they take time.  That's why you are supposed to wait until your period is due.  Testing early, false negatives are common.  False positives are rare.

When did you test last?  Did you use your FIRST morning urine?  It's important for the test to produce accurate results.

Retest using your first morning urine.  If it is still negative and you haven't had your period in a couple of days, you should see your doctor.

Keep us posted.  Good luck.

a pregnancy test only 3days after unprotected sex may be a bit too soon, hopefully your cycle is just coming late, but wait a while, and if you begin to have signs and symptoms of pregnancy, and if your cycle does not show up soon, then chances are, you may be pregnant, symptoms may include, missed or spotty period,tenderness of the breasts, nausea and vomiting,tiredness, change in appetite.