I started birth control almost a year ago. I noticed I was getting really sad three days before my period the first three months but didn't think nothing of it simply attributing it to pmsing. After three months it started being a whole week before my period and then somehow I started to bottom out without realizing it. I was sleeping all day, going to bed early, waking up late. My anxiety attacks grew worse, I began distancing myself from friends. It only kept getting worse. I quit my birth control after reading an article about it sparking depression, and with a small predisposition to depression, I was scared that's what it was. It's been a month since I quit and I've noticed I've started singing in the car again but I'm still nowhere near to how I used to be. I am very scared about getting on a new pill, I don't want this to happen again. With a different hormone variation contraceptive pill am I ok to start a new one, or should I wait a year until I balance out? (would I even balance out at all?) 

Why are  you taking birth control? are you sexually active? do  you have PCOS?, not many women have any success with birth control though, if your not sexually active though there isn't any reason to be on them, if you have PCOS then it's not a good solution to it... usually just ends up making thing a whole lot worse and taking contaceptives for too long can cause hormone imbalances in women who don't have PCOS and can also cause blood clots, so i would suggest not taking them on a long-term basis, it's too risky, don't try those implants ether  they are lethal and straight away cause infertility issues in women, if you want to continue taking birth control then id try another brand to try and find one, have you tried slow release ones?.

PCOS was an original concern but after a blood test and ultrasound, the doctor said I was fine. My periods, after being very regular, became very irregular so I turned to birth control as a means to make them regular and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure if it is a slow release but I know my other one had different doses of hormones, but this one has the same levels (Alesse).

Hospitals aren't very good with helping with PCOS, it's just take this pill, take that pill or "losing weight fixing everything" lol, but all of it is temporary fixes as i've seen with other women, they go to huge lenghs to lose a tone of weight, take pill after pill, even going as far as taking a diabeties drug called Metaformin which regulates blood sugar, but there is no proper evidnece there is insulin resistance with PCOS ether. Women with PCOS also rarely get big "cysts" growing on their ovarys, my mums gone her whole life without any but always get period problems, however most the way through menopause my auntie grew them all over one or both of her ovarys, durng menopause my mum and her mum had periods like water all of a sudden, hospitals use "cysts" on the ovarys as one of the main symptoms to diagnoze it though but really shouldn't as a main symtom but just A symptom.. it's usually not conclusive symtoms of it considering only a small percentage of females with PCOS ever grow any "cysts".

Irregular or no periods at all though Is a conclusive symtoms along with exessive hair growth, heavy periods and bad cramps, acne, hair loss, depression, anxiety, low libido, lack of energy and a whole bunch of others...it just all depends on the body type of the female, i have PCOS, not officially diagnozed but i know i have it from some women on my mums side uncluding my mum having period issues, i went from just excessive hair growth, to murderous mood swings and an unusually high libido, to irregular periods, zero periods, low libido and no mood swings, but still pretty delicate emotionally, i'm really depressed and pretty anxious about things all the time.

I get high moods every now and then, then total lows sometimes, i got my first period in about a year and finished it 2 days ago and since last night i've been having a bit of a low mood but not too bad as it has been sometimes, so i definitely know i got PCOS and know that there is a WHOLE bunch of symtoms, my mum has always been pretty low energy but never had excessive hair growth or felt depressed or anxious, but she has had roacia problems on her face since she was like 36, and her mother started with that too long after her menopause finished, 1 or 2 of my aunties daughers (my mums sister), also has some issues with their peiods but just minor compared to mine. There are slow release pills that works more slowly in the body, find out if they are slow release or not, the ones you take, if not then try them out and you might get less side-effects, however i myself am considering not trying the pill bcause of how long-term use can cause blood clots and because of them possibly making me feel even worse.