I would like to hear if there is anyone else bedside me who experienced post pill amenorrhea. I just want to see if anyone else has been in my shoes, because I am worried. I feel like I am the only one with this problem. All of my friends who were on birth control had no trouble after the stopped so I do not know what is wrong with me. If anyone can help me please answer me I would appreciate anything in this moment.

I am experiencing what you have been, and I feel worried. I stopped taking birth control pills few months ago. I was using them for 7 years and I know it is long so I wanted to stop it for a while. I only had one period and I know that was progesterone induced. After this just seemed like my periods stopped, and I will never bleed again. I am very worried and I do not know what to do. I am 27 years old and I would like to have children now. I hope I did not destroy my reproductive system with all these years of using pills. I cannot give you words of encouragement or comfort because I am passing through the same, but I hope you will feel better now. I know it is easier to know you are not alone in your problems. I realized there are many women experiencing post pill amenorrhea, but still I do not know how to solve this problem.

apparently taking the pill will not in the longterm affect your fertility. But i must say that when i went on the pill i was not told about post pill ammenorhea, but they asssured me the pill has no longterm effects on reproduction. I have heard that some chinese herbs help but I don't know what they are i think you would have to see a herbalist.
the worst is that my partner and i want to have baby and i seem to always have new pregnancy symptoms and buying tests (very expensive after a while) but all come back negative which is not suprising considering i'm not ovulating. but i keep thinking that i have to eventually and i could get pregant before the ammenorhea ends - I think that makes sense.... Sorry i am not much help either, but my doctor assures me it's normal to go up to 2 years without period after the pill.

Hi there
I'm 18 and was on the pill for 3 years before stopping taking it last August
I have not had a period since then but sometimes have cramps and think it's going to come only to be disappointed when it doesn't
I've been taking a herbal tincture of Agnus Castus for the past few months which I've heard is supposed to be very good fro regulating hormones and consequently periods
It hasn't worked for me yet but I've heard it's very effective
It might be worth trying

I too have been going through the same thing. I got married in June and stop taking birth control pills after 8 years as my husband and I would like to concieve. It has been almost 6 months and like some of you, I too have been experiencing some pregnacy symptoms but have only had negative tests. i am finding this very stressful as we are egar to start our fmaily and unfortunately we cannot until my system regulates itself. It does help knowing that I am not alone. Thank you for sharing your stories.

I stopped taking the pill in the beginning of November, about 5 months ago. As soon as I went off of it, I had a very heavy period, and then no period for like 3 months. Now, I've had spotting almost every day for 2 months - it's not like a period, it's just weird bleeding. My last pap was about a year ago and it was abnormal, and I don't have insurance, so I can't go back to the doctor. I know I do not have any STDs because my fiance and I were both tested. I'm wondering if it's a hormone imbalance because my skin has been super dry (I have had oily skin all my life), I've been tired, irritable, a little depressed and very anxious. I haven't felt like myself since I started taking the pill over 2 years ago, and I was hoping this would go away, but I don't know if it will by itself or if I should pay to go to the doctor. If anyone has any advice, I would really appreciate it.

I have no explanation for your irregular bleeding, but HIGHLY suggest you see your doctor ASAP regarding your abnormal PAP from last year! An abnormal PAP is important to address. It could just be from inflammation, or it could be dysplasia (or pre-cancerous cells). If atypical cells or dysplasia are left untreated... cervical cancer could result. This is pretty preventable if you stay on top of those annual PAPs, and unfortunately, too many people skip out on those oh-so-fun appointments and those cells turn into the big "C". Get checked out!!!

I've been reading these posts and as a registered nurse I would first like to recommend that the lady with the abnormal pap needs to seek care for the uninsured. You should be able to find discounted or free care at your county health department or other federal/state funded facility. There should be a provider in your area that participates in the "Breast and Cervical Screening program". Also, it's not uncommon to suffer menstrual irregularities after ceasing long-term oral contraceptive use. Be sure to discuss this with your doctor but it can take a while for things to return to normal. For instance, after three years of using the ortho evra patch it was a year before my cycle returned to normal. I now have a beautiful baby boy! Good luck to all!

I have been on the pill for over 15 years, I was always very careful about not getting pregnant and never once stopped or missed the pill. Now I am 30, happily married and ready for my baby. I went off the pill last year, and my Dr. told me to use another contraceptive and have 2 periods and then go for it. But I have not gotten a period and it has been 8 months! She's put me on progesteron twice, the first time I spotted very lightly for 2 days. This second round of progesteron I just finished last week, still waiting and not feeling any signs of a period. I am frustrated. Everyone says "be patient" as in 'they feel sorry for me not being able to conceive' but I'm not even to that point yet! I just want my damn period! This so hard and very stressfull.

I am very worried now after hearing so many women are going through the same thing I am. I've been on the pill for only about a year and a half..And I got off of it so I could conceive.....but I haven't had a period since I stopped taking my pills. My doctor told me that I needed to be back on the pills so I could get my period.........o_O............but I want children.............I'm just very flustered right now..and I don't know what to do....

I stopped taking Yaz in Feb 09. I spotted lightly 6 weeks later but then didn't get my period after that. In June I did the 10 day progesterone challenge and didn't bleed; my dr told me the blood test results showed I had low estrogen. Two months later we did the same thing and the progesterone challenge did induce a bleeding and my blood tests came back normal.

I was relieved at the time -- my doctor told me it was just a matter of waiting a bit for my cycles to resume. But I still haven't gotten a real period and it's a full 8 months since I went off the pill. I had normal periods previous to taking the pill, so this is very very frustrating. I always thought the pill didn't have effects like this. I'm trying to conceive, but very wary of clomid and other treatments I've seen discussed on these message boards.

So I see my girlfriend and I are not the only people going through problems like these. She started on the pill a couple months ago and had a month-long period. She had problems remembering to take her pill so her doctor recommended that she just stop taking it entirely. She did, and had a normal period soon after which lasted until the 2nd of October (this month). We had unprotected sex where I did not finish (although I do realize that pre-ejaculatory fluids can cause pregnancy) around the 14-15th. She has not had her period yet, but has had some interesting signs. Some related to IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), slight on and off cramping around that 14th-15th date but not since then (I think), also had a horrible headache for 2 days at that time. Just lately, within the past 3-4 days she has started to become very moody and very unlike herself. She complains that I disappoint her a lot (I do not get to see her often because we live 30+ miles away from each other) and she hangs up on me sometimes. I'm not sure if this is related to her stopping the pill about 6 weeks ago after that short time on it, or if she could be pregnant. Help is appreciated...I have maybe caught about 20 hours of sleep since mid-month.

I have been experiencing the same thing. I have been off the pill for nealy a year, and have yet to get a period. If I had known about this side effect, I would have NEVER taken the pill. I had a very regular cycle before this. Funny thing is- I specifically asked if the pill would affect my fertility later. My doc said fertility should return the next month, after stopping the pill. RIGHT! I am glad to see I am not the only one with this problem. :'(

im sorry i cant give any advice on this, but i know exactly how everyone is feeling, im 27 and looking to having kids in the near future, im worried about going to see my doctor as i also have emdimetrosis and that is a factor that may prevent me having kids, i come off the pill in november and i know its only the starting of february but im really starting to worry, im not sleeping, im having lots of stomach cramps ive tried a number of pregancy test as i have shown early signs but alwasy negitive, mid conversation with someone my mind will just wonder off and i miss half the conversation. Its so VERY fustrating. if any one has any advice please let me know, i feel so alone i cant really talk to anyone about it as they think im pregnant and im not ive got the tests to prove it! they just dont seem to understand!

Could I suggest all you ladies read Healthy Kids - The Natural Way. It is a book written by Mary-Ann Sheare and Charlotte Meschede (ISBN 0-9583927-7-3). She explains in layman's terms how our body works and what we can do ourselves to prepare for childbirth, as well as effects of the pill on our bodies. You're going to 3correct your body by eating healthy. Her other book "The Natural Way" You can also look up on the net and should be able to get info there, or send in your questions at least. They do reply!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed