i am just askin cause i want to know if have an abortion can cause polysytic ovarys?? i am 18 years old and i had an abortion on the 10march 06 every since then i havnt been feel like i use to i dont even feel like the same person i was. HELP!!!

PCOS is a condition that women are BORN with. Your body functions slightly improperly, and PCOS can also cause some blood sugar problems as well as trouble becoming pregnant.

An abortion is not going to give you PCOS.

I am having the same issues since my abortion :-(. I don't know if hormonal birth control causes it..or abortion...or if it's all in my head. But once I had my abortion, about a month later my ovaries started hurting...esp. one side. Turns out I have PCOS. It's awful. I have never felt like myself since my abortion. I hope I can heal and move on. It's been a long journey for me. I wish there were more research being done on it. It would give me peace of mind.