I am three weeks after surgery. Started therapy at home as instructed, at first a little click and popping in shoulder. It seems to be getting worse, and more shoulder pain. Had a small tear repair and bone spur. Any response will be appreciated.

I had what sounds like the same surgery 2 weeks ago. I have been concerned from the beginning of my recovery with all the clicking. Mine doesn't really hurt, but my recovery seems to have slowed over the past week. Out of curiosity, has yours improved at all?
thanks

I had rotator cuff surgery followed by popping and clicking. My MD advised this is normal and will resolve as the shoulder muscles strengthen and the shoulder settles into it's normal position.He was right but ait is taking 3-4 months to do so. Keep up the physical therapy and i will eventuallly go away.

I had rotator cuff surgery followed by popping and clicking. My MD advised this is normal and will resolve as the shoulder muscles strengthen and the shoulder settles into it's normal position.He was right but it is taking 3-4 months to do so. Keep up the physical therapy and it will eventuallly go away.

the popping generally means your shoulder muscles surrounding the rotator cuf are getting looser, which is not good at all. i would see your doctor

I AM 4 MONTHS AFTER SURGERY AND THIS JUST STARTED. I THINK ITS GETTING WORSE INSTEAD OF BETTER. IT STILL SWELLS AND THROBS DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. I AM DOING THERAPY 3 DAYS A WEEK AND THE THERAPIST DOESNT KNOW WHAT TO THINK EITHER. MY SNAPS ARE LOUD ENOUGH SHE CAN HERE THEM AND FEEL THEM WHEN THEY HAPPEN.

I am 5 weeks post rotator cuff surgery and I am experiencing the same clicking and it can be painful. I am losing confidence in the outcome. I too had a bone spur removed that tore my tendon leaading to my humerous and had two anchors put in to reattach a partially detached tendon to the same.  Please let me know how you are doing now. Thank you

Hi I wanted to know how you are doing with your shoulder, I had surgery on my left shoulder on 8/311 and I have been having the same problems with popping noises along with pain. I don't know what it is because my doctor never explains anything to me. Plz let me know if u have and how u dealt with that situation. Thank you!

I started with really painful poping in my right shoulder after a year and a half of having rotator cuff surgery and bone spears taken out fluid sacks, part of my collar bone taken out. I had no strangth at all couldnt open car doors, push a cart at the store. After a week in this pain to were I couldn't move my arm. I got in to see my doctor she looked my shoulder over gav me pain pills, and started with x rays. which my Doctor and myself knew wouldn't show anything. Two weeks later my Doctor ordered an MRI of my right shoulder it just showed fluid and tendonitis. She said we do nothing for this. Well my Doctor thaat treats me for my fibermyalgia sent me for and othrogram it showed the same. Thank God she wasn't giving up told me to see the Othro. So after a staroid shot again in my shoulder from the Orthro within 2 weeks all the pain was back. 2 1/2 months later in for surgery on my right shoulder again. It's been a week from today since my surgery my rotator cuff was torn again, more bone spears, and took out some of the tendonitis. My shoulder still hurts like hell and poping and tearing I hear and when it happens it hurt like no pain I would wish on anyone. I see the orthro tomorrow so we will see. Hope that this helps anyone out.

You need to see another surgeon and/or therapist. I had right rotator cuff surgery 2 yrs. ago. Used pain meds for 3 wks. In sling for 6 wks. and minor pain during PT. PT started at 3 wks with easy stretching by therapist, other easy PT movements at home. After 6 wks. started gradual strengthening and more range of motion. PT was 3x per wk for 12-14 wks. Arm feels great. Took 11 mo. till full strength regained. Feels good. 3 wks ago had left rotator cuff and torn labrum surgery. Same surgeon and Therapist. Program going the same way. You should NOT be in such pain nor have a lot of popping/snapping unless you're doing too much too soon. Takes 2-3 months for tendons to grow back to the bone, so give it time and take it easy at first. Seek a second opinion from a surgeon who's down hundreds of these surgeries. Also, get adequate prescription pain medicine like oxycodone 7.5 mg/325 mg. You should not be in such pain.

I had similar surgery on 1/11/13. I had a small labral tear, bone spur and cyst that had developed to my left shoulder. My shoulder is "clicking" when I raise my arm in front. A little pain but nothing sharp, no swelling. Before surgery my shoulder would swell about 3" long and looked like there was water filling under the skin. Now it just clicks. Hoping this is normal and will get back to normal over time. Does stretching help or is it best to just lay off anything physical and wait a little longer? I did PT for 3 weeks as they wanted and I did fine. Not sure if I did something at home to agitate it or not.

I had shoulder surgery 7 weeks ago (tendon repair and removal of bursa) and also have this clicking or popping feeling in my shoulder.  I still have extreme pain although taking strong meds.  My range of motion is almost zero for active movements! I do physiotherapy 2 times a week which will be increased to 3 times per week.  I also have a chair at home to do passive movements.  I am also getting worried, and feel that I am not getting better.

I know it takes time but to still have so much pain after 7 weeks makes me worried. I am a bit discouraged!

im 4 weeks post op and the pains arent as intense but sleep is still tough have several shooting pains a day i startes passive range at 10 days post op i have had 5 i am at 160 degrees and 65 so it happening strenght is poor good luck all

CORRECTIONS ON POST 165 DEGREESand am bit discouraged on time to recover i sneezed and am afraid i tore something go dr tomarrow

Three shoulder surgeries.  2004, 2011, 2013.  All from extensive tears. Shoulder is the most complicated joint in the body.  Takes months and months to heal and gain strength back.  Don't rush it.  If you are moving and it hurts, you are doing to much.  See your Physical Therapist, they deal with this all the time.  Too much too fast and you will destroy what you had repaired.  Follow PT instructions to the letter.  After a year......should feel pretty good.