Hello, I had a Vasectomy a year and a half ago. I went into relatively confident as its supposed to be fairly routine op. Apparently there were some bleeding complications during the procedure, which led to a lenghty and painfull recovery. first weeks my right tesiticle swelled up, to about 4-5 times its normal size (my scrotum was the size of a baseball, most of it was my right testicle). My doctor said these side effects were normal and happend sometimes, kept me on antibiotics for a month! the swelling did go down, but my right testicle countinued shrinking. The doctor insists it will heal over time, but its been a year and half, the past year my right teste has remained the size of an almond, and aches off and on everyday. I have been unlucky finding much info on this and would appreciate any insight into this.

i feel the same way

Extreme damage to a testicle can cause it to atrophy which means it stops working partially or completely and it shrinks smaller. You may have had surgical damage to the testicle or spermatic cords during the vasectomy that caused that swelling and it may have impaired the blood flow to that testicle. After the initial injury, a damaged or dead testicle will shrink down small and have little or no feeling or pain when touched or squeezed or hit. Castration with a burdizzo clamp in livestock is the crushing of the two testicle's spermatic cords to stop all blood flow to the testicles which results in the testicles dying and later shrinking down to dead small testicles. A testicular biopsy will take a small sample of tissue from the testicle interior to see if the testicle is dead or alive and working or not working. A small cut in the scrotum and testicle is used to take a small amount of tissue from the testicle to examine under a microscope to see if the cells are alive or dead.