Hello, I have a question and hopefully someone can help. Ill give you a baseline for my question. I was in the Army in 1997 and had a rupture, I fell on a boom crane and brused the left side of my testicles creating swelling at Ft. Irwin. After that I have always had a slight pain, I went to the DOC while in the military and got checked, they always said I was "good to go". So I never thought much of it, just the pain was something to deal with. Well when I got out in 1999, I went to the VA in Los Angeles to get checked, cause it was getting slightly worse, and I could feel that one of the testicles was busted or broke. So they gave me an ultrasound and mailed me a letter saying yes theres broken mass inside but Im okay. So once again it was something to deal with. Well in 2001 I had a vasectomy at Aneheim Memorial, that went fine and was okay, except for the doctor not giveing me any anesthetic before the initial cut to the scrotum, ouch.
The pain now is almost unbareable when Im intimate with my wife. The pain in the past year has gotten extremely worse only when Im arroused. I can feel a small ball at the base of my scrotum inside my body. I dont know how to explain, its not on my testicle but if I follow my penis to the base I could feel like a vein or something, and the ball or knott that is there is painfull. Like right now, its fine. I know its there, but its not a big deal. Only when I get aroused is when theres a sharp pain that I can feel all the down to my anus and it hurts.
I told my wife once, and dont mention it anymore. I tell her its gone and I dont feel pain. I just would like to get some info maybe from someone here who maybe has had something like this or knows who I go to. Thank you for reading and hope to here from you soon. I have my military medical records in hand, and have always been in good to excellent health, and heave Blue Cross blue Shield Ins.

Ray

If you are feeling a knott, at the base of the scrotum, it could be very possible that you have additionally developed varicocele. Varicocele is a collection of enlarged veins that lie in the spermatic cord. The spermatic cord contains all those blood vessels, lymphatic vessels, nerves, and vas deferens. When these blood vessels that carry the blood become defective, blood may start flowing in reverse and back up in the veins, making them dilated and swollen.
Most of the time varicocele are asymptomatic but when they cause problems, a man usually feels a dull ache in the testicle, dilated veins in the scrotum that can be felt, the testicle is smaller on the side where the dilated veins are, a feeling of heaviness or dragging in the scrotum, etc
You should also be aware that having vascectomy done, often creates life-long consequences and pain. I heard of many men suffering from discomfort after having vascectomy done but just a few days ago, I read one of the extreme cases. You may have a look yourself: https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/post-vasectomy-pain&highlight=

I think you should see as many docs as necessary until they figure out the cause of your discomfort

First I want to say thank you for repying, Ive been waiting for something to look into. Well I looked in to the varicocele problem, I read all I could from the net. In the symptoms of varicocele like "enlarged veins", I dont have. The inflamation of veins swelling and being visible from the scrotum seems key to this abnormality. My scrotum is normal in appearance, as far as having veins bulging out the side. I know you mentioned me having a vasectomy could be a suspect to my pain, but it began with an ache when I fell and had a ruptured the left testicle. Ever since then theres always been a slight pain, and in the first ultra sound they said there was broken mass inside.
I do appreciate the information, I mean who knows you could be right. After the rupture Ive always had a lower left testicle, because its not complete. In researching the varicocele, its common with the left side. I do have an appoitment at the Urologist at USC next week. Its getting rough to deal with, probably my fault for waiting so long and just accepting the pain. Thanks for the reply.
Ray

I went to USC yesterday to get an ultra sound again, and a check on my pain. The ultra sound was okay, with the exception of the broken mass from my rupture. What they told me is two things, first I do have a varicocele, its a small one but like the gentlemen who replied before said that it is swelling in the spermatic cord. Second, the reason why Im feeling pain. I had mentioned that I felt a small knot inside, the ultra sound showed that I have a cyst. Which is creating the pain, they gave me two options. One I could take pain medication before intercourse, or when ever I feel the pain. Or two, I could have it removed, with the possibility of complications afterwards. So basically Im just going to have to deal with it, but it is not from the vasectomy. I showed him the military records from 1999 when the pain was minor, all they told me to do back then was wear tighter underwear. Well I hope this helps someone, Im glad this site is up, and theres people out there to jump in and give some knowledge. Take care and thank you for reading.

Ray

my testicle hurts when i jump sometimes
, why does it, is something wrong with me

hi ive had varicocele at a prety advanced level. had surgery months ago and now when i tought i was geting better. i start having the back of my left nut swell when arroused. its a b***h and a disconfort. i did soem research(again) and came to think i have Epididymitis. sounds like your problem? and now that i remember i might have gotten tis due to a sight infection for unprotected sex. im 19 and recenlty went to chek this out because this is pain. i got an shot in the ass that numbed half my body for days. pretty painfull i think it was to kill infection incase it was the case. im taking saw palmetto. i found out about it myself too. and now im really losing it as days go by and might considere removing my nuts if i cant find a cure. ive lived with testicle disconfort and problems for as long as i can remember. but im just angry because is holding back my sex life due to pain and swelling im tire of this. if u ever find out whats up letme know.