I'm freaking out a bit here and wondering if anyone has had the same issue.

I've noticed for a while now my left testicle kinda hangs forward/horizontally when I stand up. It's quite loose and moves around a bit, unlike my right one which is always still and hangs normally. I figured it was normal for one to be different and never took much notice, but lately it seems to be moving around a little TOO much and yesterday it became a bit uncomfortable as it was kind of turning upside down and eventually developed a dull ache before I went to sleep. I assumed maybe I fiddled around with it a bit too much and hurt it, and it would be ok in the morning. The next day is almost over and the ache is still there, only it's a bit worse... feels like there's pressure around the testicle and the ache is mostly around the back and top, maybe coming from the epididymis. I also noticed a bit of a ache in my thigh on the same side but that might not be related.

I've been reading up on testicular torsion and have freaked myself out a bit, because it's been well over 6 hours and all articles say any longer than that and it will lose circulation and die - and have to be removed. Now everything I read says if it's a torsion then I will be in severe pain. I'm not - the ache is very mild and intermittent. It also says there will be swelling, and there's not. No sickness or anything, either. But looking at an illustrated diagram of a torsion, it looks exactly like me. You can see the illustration here:

http://health.msn.com/PopUp.aspx?cp-documentid=100196124&popid=1&displaymode=3035

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** explicit and graphic content*** 

I know I should go and see a doctor, but right now there's nothing open except the emergency room - and according to the symptoms of a real torsion, I don't have an emergency. I think I will see a doctor during the week if things don't improve but of course it's embarrassing, especially if it's nothing.

Does anyone else have a similar positioned testicle and ever been through something like this? Am I freaking out over nothing?

Brother,you need to see a doctor immediately don't take any chances with this,you don't want to end up loosing a testicle like I did to testicular torsion,I lost the same left testes & i've never been the same since.

Did yours look like that and did you have a lot of pain? Because the ache I have seems to be dumbing down but it's still in that weird position. And it has been like that for at least a month.

Well mines was not hanging like you described,first I felt this numbing feeling on the left side of my scrotum,but didn't pay this much attention then when I was sleeping I was awoken by an intense pain & with further examination found that it was inflamed & swollen & later lost it due to irreparable damages,so I implore you do not sleep on this bro,good luck.....let me know how it turns out.

A testicle can twist around and ache without actually going into torsion - that's why it doesn't quite fit the picture that you found on the internet. If it's doing this, though, it may mean that it's getting ready to be a full-blown torsion. You need an operation to tie it down and stop the torsion from happening (Google: orchidopexy)

Listen to what 12gage is saying. Get to the doctor and get this checked properly.

It sounds like this testicle is getting ready to go into torsion - if so, it needs to be fixed down with a minor operation (orchidopexy).

Listen to what 12gage is saying - get to the doctor and get it checked out

After waiting hours upon hours in the hospital, an ultrasound, and going through the embarrassing routine of showing my bits to 3 different people... they said it's nothing. I don't understand it!!! It doesn't feel like nothing, how can pain come from nothing? Why is it on a weird angle? I'm glad I didn't get any bad news, and apparently not at risk of torsion, but I don't like not having any explanation at all as to why it feels this way. I'm tempted to go somewhere else and get a second opinion, but I'll give it a couple of days and see if it eases up.

I think a second opinion if it doesn't settle would be very sensible

The pain has eased up a lot - I barely feel it now. Still a little sensitive but all around feeling a lot better there. Something else seems to have gone wrong though, which I don't know if it is related. Now my actual penis seems to have thickened up. Even when flaccid the head still seems a little bit like when it's erect. It feels kinda warm too and sometimes as if the head is burning. I also haven't experienced any retraction of my scrotum at all... everything is hanging loose, which isn't really a problem but kind of weird since usually at least coming out of the shower into the cold it will react.

I don't know what all of this means but it's beginning to effect me psychologically and I've been feeling rather depressed since it all started. I just want it all to go back to normal.

Im scare i think im going to puke all this talk about loosing my testicle im only 14 this cant be happening ="( i go to a testicle doctor in like 6 days but i hav been waiting a month i have had the same little ache vary rarely in the day and always before sleep. It feels like my left testicle is up sidedown than its right sid up the next week or day it hurts everytim i move th rong way in bed but there is no swelling acctualy it feels like my left testicle has shrunk some but im not sure i don know wat this is or wat will happen but i hope i will be ok and not.have to loise any of my testicles

To the OP. The same thing happened to me as well; twice and within a week! In fact, your experience is almost identical to mine. How was your issue resolved? I am going to see a urologist this Tuesday and the operation to fix this problem is certainly going to be discussed. Your input might be helpful. Thanks.

So, how your problems rule out? I'm experiencing something similar, but with no pain - my right testicle can rotate up to 180 degrees on it's vertical axis. It occurs for example when I rapidly elevate my right tigh. I've seen an urologist half year ago, and he didn't really answered my question if it's normal. I've read about torsion and I'm scared. So, is it normal that testicles can rotate 180 degrees and there's nothing to be worried about?

One in eight men can rotate their testciles because they have no attached gubernaculum ligament holding their testicles in place inside the scrotum.. Only one male in 4000 has testciluar torsion. So, most men with free floating testicles do not get torsion. But torsion can be simply a weird feeling in the testcile or cords and no intense pain or sickness. Dr.s often dismiss this as something other than torsion. Soem testciles can twist and untwist on their own called internittent testicular torsion. Most males do not have torsion, ut an ultrasound is fast and easy to do to check on the blood flow and inside of both testicles to be sure. Go to a hospital emeregency room to get it checked out fastest. Real torsion is an emergency, but never assume its too late to save your testicles the time depends on how tightly they twist and how much blood flow is impaired or stopped to determine if and how long it takes to kill a testicle in torsion.

I'm wondering if any one knows
It feels like some thing is stuck in my throat n it gags me n now middle chest pains

I have been in extreme pain with my left testicle. Had an ultrasound done and urologist said nothing seems alarming. Now my left testicle has turned and is sideways. What should i do, should i be alarmed?