Have any of you been through cupping therapy? I know that the Chinese have been using cupping therapy forever, and that it is claimed that cupping therapy is extremely effective. But does cupping therapy have any side effects? I am looking forward to hearing more about the details of this!

Hallo there! I read somewhere that Cupping therapy is a safe, painless, and non-invasive technique. It's used in traditional Chinese medicine for several thousand years, and it's variations have been used in Europe area, such as Turkey, Greece, France, and Italy. I haven't experienced it yet, though I'm quite interested. Since cupping is a safe and non-invasive technique, there are very few conditions in which cupping should not be used, such as high fever, skin disease, tendency to bleed easily, or to the abdominal and sacral regions of the pregnant women. Cupping causes blood to be drawn to the surface of the skin, which can cause non permanent red marks, swelling, and bruising at the local area for 2- 4 days. Usually the red marks will disappear within one day. 90% of patients can be applied with this therapy everyday if they really want to, while 85% of the patients feel the invigorating energy traveling the whole length of the body for a couple of days. It sounds exciting! Let me know if you try it. All the best!

i had it done for the first time. Balloney schmooney I thought..Wrong. I'm hooked. The results were decreased cottage cheese appearance and my legs felt invigorated..I even bought my own!

I haven't been able to find out if this is common, but since I had cupping on my right shoulder, the skin has been very tender and it's been almost a month. I hear great things about cupping, but I don't think I'll ever do it again. I'm in more pain than when I started.

I also just had it done for the first time. I had massive swelling, bruising, and 10 days later I still have an area of itchy red skin. I feel like it triggered a big histamine response. Anyone have experience with this? 

I was talked in to trying cupping I was told it would help my diabetes, I am type 1 I keep it around 120 to 140 b/s. After cupping I can not get my blood sugar down it is between 250 and 350? This was a mistake. it's now 24 hours  and blood sugar will not go down?  Im guessing because of the big purple red spots that my body maybe trying to heal? I'm not sure.

I am not surprised at these. Diabetics who suffer an injury tend to have elevated glucose levels. When you go through cupping therapy, you basically end up with a back full of lesions that the body needs to heal. This will indeed raise your blood sugar.

Hi I also did it last week and my skin has four red patches caused by cupping. I dint know how many days it will take to get rid of this red patches in my shoulders. Any idea? I am really worried about it.

I got a terrible itching rash from cupping which I can't seem to get rid of .. what shall I do ??

I have an itchy rash also thst wont go away

I've been doing my legs for two weeks after the first week I started with rash all over the backs of them very itchy also.. Using anti histamine cream to help

It should only take a week or less. Good luck!

Im currently expriencing the same. 10 days later and lots of itching and small red blotches with fine pimples.