I've had this problem for at least 3 years. The first time was when I found a small, red patch in my pubic hair about the size of the end of my little finger. It itched terribly. In about a week it would go away. In about two or three months another one would appear in a different spot. I went to the health dept. and was tested for all the bad STD's and was clean. I did previously have a BF that I found out was messing around with other women. I went to a skin doctor. He took a quick look and said HERPES. This has no symptoms of herpes. It does not scab over or ooze or is never around my vagina, only in my pubic hair. It itches untill I can hardly stand it. For the last several months now when it breaks out, it appears to be more like 3 or 4 spots all running together. It seems no one can tell me what this problem is. Can you help?

i too had similar recurring symptoms for 2 years...after having unprotected sex just once...i too thought herpes because every medical publication i looked at says herpes if a lesion is involved...had 3 different doctors test me for everything and the results were negative for every std...i was told it could be hormone related (don't believe that im only 30), allergy to soap etc (come on i could recognize that on my own) and the other doctor said i must be scratching in my sleep (give me a break). After several months of research i have found hundreds and hundreds of people with similar stories. long story short i believe it is a newer strain of staph infection that is being spread, sexually and otherwise. mine will respond to both oral antibotics and prednisone (steroid) which is no answer long term. i have been using with success for about 5 months a highly concentrated medicinal form of oil of oregano. it is a natural astringent and will kill bacteria, viruses, parasites etc. i use 2 drops of the super strength under my tongue daily. found the best at vitacost.com

It most likely to be psoriasis i suffer with it in my pubic region.. its red itchy and flakes sometimes. Some hydro-cortazone cream will rid it for a while but its hereditory and there isnt a cure really. its not infectious so it wont spread to others. but be careful as it may spread on you.

I'm male but I also had the same problem with an itchy pubic area. It wasn't and isn't crabs, cuz the itchy areas were/are white and look really dry + there are no dark spots there . So after some research I found out I mostly like had/have tinea cruris (some fungi). On some forum someone proposed using lamisil and that's what I took.

Worked a charm :-) Sadly 6 months later it's slowly returning. According 2 Wikipedia a cause could be transfer from other parts of the body similarly effected like feet (athletes foot). I don't have athletes foot (or maybe I do ? no idea) but I know I bath in public bathrooms without slippers and it seems plausible. That means slippers 4 me ^_~

Good luck :-)

So i have that same exact thing, but also when i get out of the shower i get itchy red blotches all over my body that disappear in like 15 minutes. alot of the time my beard and my scalp itch like crazy too. sometimes i get a really bad crawling feeling. i started having problems when i dated this kinda sleazy girl when i was 16. i'm 18 now and the severity of the itching only escalated. i get those same red blotches and everything. i went to the doctor also and they said i was clean. soooo i really dont know what to do and its really embarrassing. i swear if i dont find relief i will scratch myself to a little nub.

ya i had the same thing i was clean to still am. i think its just skin iriitation. i play football and my compressions dont always get washed so it might be osmething with that

Just a thought regarding the issue possibly being fungal or athlete's foot related. Being a guy and having issues with sweaty feet, which in turn lead to fungus by way of wet feet and warm, dark shoes I pose the following scenario. Could you have been irritated in the pubic region and possibly scrachted it breaking the skin? Let's say from an allergic reaction to something like pain medication. Perhaps using an old sock in that region to "clean up" after masturbation. I know these are a bunch of 'what ifs'. But in my case, as I suspect at least a few others, it seems to be a plausible scenario as to how a transfer could legitimately occur. Guys and I'm sure females too, ;-) know exactly what I mean with the whole sock deal. Unclean socks that have fungus/bacteria in them could quite possibly be the source of transfer, especially if the skin has been scratched for whatever reason and said sock has directly contacted the area in quesiton.

I noticed this problem this morning, just a bit of an itchy rash under the pubic hair on my mound (I'm female). Looked up to see if it was a symptom of any STIs and it doesn't look like it. Herpes, like people are saying, needs lesions.
I'll probably just write it off as caused by rubbing or the wrong soap or something. I am on the pill so if it was caused by hormones, that might be the culprit. Good luck to everyone else, and hope it's nothing!
As an aside - I haven't heard of women using socks to 'clean up' after masturbation! I know I never have, haha.

This sounds all too familiar, I first broke out with this same type of rash when I was pregnant with my first. The doctor told me is may be fungal but to use an antibacterial soap. It did not help. I have found that using monistat cream does help though but only for awhile. I only seem to get the rash in the cracks of my legs after I have gotten hot and sweaty like in the summer or after playing outside on a hot day with the kids. One question though, the rash seems to peel. The skin gets itchy and broken and then it starts to peel away the skin. It doesn't ooze or bleed, but the skin underneath is like new, not itchy, no rash. Its really wierd, does anyone else have anything like this happen or am I alone on this?

Hey guys. I had a similar thing - I'm a girl, and I started with itchy little scabs that formed around the roots of my pubic hair. Then the skin around my crotch started to itch and shed tiny white flakes. The skin around the area was always itchy, and little cracks would from in the skin where I itched, making sex kinda painful. Also, I felt like I had a bit of....an oily discharge. The whole area smelt kinda bad.

I thought it was trychomicossis, herpes or some other horrible fungal disease, but it turned out to be folliculitis. It can happen from shaving/waxing the pubic area (fresh razor blades and batches of wax, ladies!) and from rubbing/warmth inside of your clothing. My doctor prescribed me a fusidin cream, and 3 days later I was clear, although I applied for an extra 4 days or so. All in all, one cream, 7 days, 4 times a day. Really easy, and saves a lot of heartache! Hope this helps.

I had very similar symptoms. I had an itchy red patch about the size of a nickle. It was darker around the edges and lighter in color in the center. It was in my groin area, on the inside of my right thigh. It was sometimes really dry and flaked occasionally. It later spread just a little in the form of another patch in my pubic hair and to the other thigh. After 6 months of apprehension I finally got checked out. I went to a dermatologist for a quick check. She Immediately said that I had Tinea Cruris. Sounds terrible at first, but that is just the technical term for "jock itch". It is a type of ring worm fungus. Similar to what causes athletes foot. Its caused by sweat and humidity, as well as not washing gym clothes frequently enough. I used an over the counter cream called Lotrimin Ultra. Within a weeks time the rash was gone. Be sure to use the cream up to 2 weeks after your symptoms leave, to insure the fungus is completely dead. She also gave me a prescription in case that didn't work but I had no need to get it filled. Good luck to you. This is just one of multiple possibilities, but hopefully my experience can help someone. [/list]

anonymous wrote:

OMG! this is what I have/had! Used antibac cream and it seems to have one away but I have a lil scaring...

I think i can help, this symptoms are similar to mine but i'm good now, you may make a test to make sure, it can be cured easily but you must see a doctor or make a test, also i know a special shampoo cleanse for intensive hair problems see my signature, i hope i was helpful.
Thanks

Hello, was just looking for some help. I also began itching around my pubic hair. I am a 62 y/o female. I went to my OB/GYN and she did a biopsy. It came back that they did not know what it was, it didn't grow and wasn't an STD of any kind. My doc gave me a hydrocortisone ointment. So far it has helped a little. I have to wear a pad every day since I have an overactive bladder problem. I asked my doc if wearing the pad didn't do this. She didn't know. I go back to her in another week and she said if I still had it then she'd send me to a dematoligist. Hope it goes away soon. Thanks for listening to this little old lady.

anonymous wrote:

Did you ever find out what was wrong? I have very similar symptoms, I know this was a long time ago. But I have never come across someone who had the blotches after the shower too, thanks.