I am going to undergo lymphatic drainage next week, and I know that it is a procedure that I need, but I am very nervous about it. I hate pain, and needles. am very concerned about any side effects that the lymphatic drainage might have as well. Has anyone else had one of these and can you tell me about it?

I just had two, two weeks apart, at the advice of a doctor, while also following a cleansing diet.  There is nothing to worry about.  It is an extremely gentle massage and just helps the flow of toxins in exiting your body.  The first one I had, they only touched my arms and legs.  I then was able to get an appointment with the person my doctor recommended and he only touched my head, neck and abdomen. I seemed to feel the effects of this one much more strongly.  I went to bed very early that night and was glad the next day was Saturday because I had to take a long mid-day nap.  Honestly, I felt better than I could remember feeling in a very long time, but remember, I'm also dieting strictly (No sugar, dairy or starches for 6 weeks).  I hope this helps.