Phytoceramides are said to result in very impressive anti-age results. Some people even compare the end result to the effect of a facelift. This has caught my attention and I would very much like to try Phytoceramides, but as a pill you take orally, there have got to be some side effects as well? Does anyone here take Phytoceramides? What side effects did you or do you experience and what do you not like about the pills? What do you know about the long term safety of Phytoceramides? What are the best Phytoceramides to take?

Please add your info if you know anything about this.

Some info that may help you:

• Doctors seem to agree that 350mg a day, and no more, is the optimal amount. You take them once a day.
  • Choose phytoceramides that say plant derived on the label, and go for rice or potato derived if you have wheat allergy.
  • Go for organic products.
  • Do boost your water intake and minimize your intake of coffee, energy drinks, soda and alcohol.
  • Do combine phytoceramides with a good moisturizer, good cleansing products, do exfoliate, do use a sunscreen. You get the picture: phytoceramides are no substitute for your normal skincare routine!

I hope that helps!

Hello, I've been using ZenVita Phytoceramides with Vitamins A, C, D, and E for around four months now. I have seen quite drastic improvements in my skin: less sagging, fewer wrinkles and severely reduced puffiness around the eye area. This product does contain wheat, so if you are sensitive to wheat, you would have side effects and should not be using it at all (though some Phytoceramides are wheat free). If not, no, there are no side effects whatsoever and just improvements. You do have to wait a while before you begin to notice results, but that is to be expected.

Sorry, but could anyone give me a dummies' guide to what Phytoceramides actually are? I understand they are some pill you take to look younger, and also that some people say these pills do work. But how does it work? What is in there that makes you look younger? Why does it contain wheat? I have lots of questions here. Sorry to be boring, but I would really like it if someone could explain this to me. Oh yes, is there evidence that this works?

Phytoceramides are the plant derived version of Ceramides, which are lipids that naturally occur within the skin and keep it looking plump, among other things.

There are Ceramide creams which you can apply topically for extra hydration and plumpness of the skin. Phytoceramides are pills. They work to make your skin look younger system wide. Remember, you are only replenishing a lipid that is present in natural skin, but which you lose as you age.

Yes, taking Phytoceramides can make a big difference to the skin. There is no evidence that it causes any undesirable side effects.

After doing a little more research, I was amazed to find that plant ceramides may also help people with rosacea (which I have). People report a difference in their skin within weeks, and it is not, as I previously thought, simply to make you look younger. It neutralizes free radicals and cures different kids of skin problems, whether you have rosacea or dry and sensitive skin. 

This is no longer of passing theoretical interest to me. Over the years, I have tried all kinds of treatments to cope with my rosacea including a special skin care regime. I am definitely going to try plant ceramides now.

THERE ARE NO SIDE EFFECTS!!! No negative side effects, that is. Positive side effect: feeling great about yourself and your skin!

That is the great thing about phytoceramides. I have been using them on and off for two years now. When I look at pictures from before that time, I am embarrassed how much older I looked. It is two years later and I have a much more youthful look now. Phytoceramides are a much underused solution for looking younger, probably because there is not all that much money to be made from them, not like with a face lift!