Hello, I am girl who is 20 years old and I have a question. I already heard about massage benefits. Some days ago I heard some things about lymphatic drainage massage. I am just curious what is this and how does it work. I hope that there will be someone who can explain it all.

Hi there, I will do my best to answer your questions. First of all, women who have their lymph nodes removed due to a breast cancer could use this massage because it can help them. Lymphatic drainage massage can improve lymph flow. Immune system is stronger because of this and I don't really have to tell you about importance of this fact. However, there are some contraindications. This massage isn't always safe. It is safe in most cases. Malignant tumor and some major heart problems are the most serious contraindications. Well, that is about all I know about this theme.

I work in a nursing home and the DON wants the nursing assistants to do lymphatic drainage massage is this legal and is it consittered a "therapy" or could it be consittered a "service" And shouldn't it have a policy and procedure before being performed?