My mother in law had to start with therapy for psychosis. She has already had certain mental problems, but they have developed to schizophrenia. She got rispersal as a therapy. I have heard that medications that are used in treatment of this disease cause physical disorders, like involuntary movements and hyperactivity. Please explain me how does it look like, and how effectively rispersal treats symptoms of schizophrenia. Thanks.

Those symptoms that are related to usage of antipsychotics are called extra pyramidal effects. They look like sudden, slow and uncontrollable movements of head and body. But at optimal dosing, that is 4-8 mg daily, side effects rarely occur. Risperidone is atypical antipsychotic, relatively new medication, and compared with typical antipsychotics is better tolerated, actually much better. It works against both positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.