Hi, I have a psychotic disorder and was prescribed Risperdal. My doctor told me that the med is ok for hallucinations and delusions, apathy and lack of motivation. So, I`ve decided to give it a shot, and end up with a weight gain and, more important, sexual dysfunction. Also, I fell sleepy like all the time. Don`k know should I blame Risperdal for that?

Hi, I was on Risperdal but had no side effects. Well, almost, Risperdal gave me a low blood pressure, but comparing with a sexual dysfunction and a weight gain – I guess I was lucky (yeah, you can blame Risperdal for that). Side effects are usually minor and Risperdal is as effective as conventional antipsychotics in treating positive symptoms (such as hallucinations and delusions). It can also treat the negative symptoms. You must be sure that you are taking the recommended dose. At higher doses extrapyramidal side effects, such as muscle stiffness, tremors and body shakes, often increase. All those side effects can be minimized if you take the right dose.