No, I don't think you have to be worried. I doubt there is such a thing as drinking too much tea. Unless your mother keeps drinking tea because she suffers from extreme first of course, in which case there may be other factors at play, such as diabetes. If this is something that you are concerned about you should advise your mother to see a doctor.

Sometimes I wonder about my mom's tea consumption. She has a cup on the go all day long and makes a new one as soon as she finishes the old one. She drinks all kinds of herbal teas as well as your ordinary black tea. What are the side effects of drinking too much tea? Should I be worried?

There is a lot of talking about the good effects of the tea and some research proved that tea consumption may be good for health, tea removes the harmful antioxidants from the body, and also helpful in the cancer, but now with the recent research scientist come with a new review on the tea consumption it says that drinking excess of tea may cause Fibrosis and also can be a causative agent of damaged chromosomes, so much debate going on for tea.

Those who drink tea, love tea, and hate coffee (not necessary! ... but I haven't noticed any other bad side effects of too much tea :-) ... Drinking black tea and taking some medications for depression might cause too much stimulation of the body and serious side effects including fast heartbeat...so avoid Drinking Too much tea...