I would like to know what the most effective diet is in order to control seizure of epilepsy. Thanks in advance!

This diet is called ketogenic diet. It is a form of diet that involves fat-low protein and carbohydrate diet. Ketogenic doet is a form of therapy for seizures that involves a brief period of fasting followed by a very carefully controlled diet. Of course there has been studies made and they suggest that ketogenic diet is useful in children that whose seizures could not be controlled by any of the medicines available. Children who experience 15 or more drop seizures each day, despite having used at least two medications, may be eligible to participate. Of course parents must monitor their kids and lead a diary of their diet.

Please be aware that on the ketogenic diet, you will lose weight, you won't be able to NOT lose weight! Why this diet is tried on children is beyond me. my son was on it for about three weeks, didn't control his seizures at all and he lost alot of weight. sure, it might help someone for a while, but there's no way you can 'stay' on this diet. believing that 'there was no medication available' that could help my son was a big mistake. there 'was' a medication that helped him, it's called depakote, and 'was' available at the time he went on that diet, which was in 1978. he's been on depakote ever since then, tried lots of other drugs, it's the only one that's able to control the seizures for the most part. i just wrote this because i saw that someone was talking about that diet and i can't believe they are still using it. i found out, eventually, that my son's seizures are caused from vitamins that he can't tolerate. perhaps if some child has this same problem, that diet might help for a bit, but a tiny bit else they will lose too much weight, so why go on it?