I've heard that eating less more often is good to lower blood glucose levels. I was wondering if the DAFNE program could help me with this. I understand you can take a course in this and I've been thinking about doing that. Is this worth my while? I'm interested in losing weight. I have better eating habits now and I'm eating smaller portions more often. Normally I check my blood glucose levels around 4 hours after I eat. The problem is I'm eating every three hours now. I think that I'm getting higher blood glucose levels than I should. I'm currently taking diabetic medication. Is anyone else on an eating less more often diet? Could you help me to understand this better?

Eating less more often is a common practice with many people whether they are diabetic or not. Many believe this is the way to go. The problem is there are so many diets out there. I'm sure you heard of

type 1, type 2, DASH diet, gluten free diet, glycemic index diet, ketogenic diet, low carb diet, Paleo diet, raw food diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet and the list goes on. What is right for you. That's difficult to determine. This requires trying a few and see how they work for you. If you can, consult with your doctor and/or dietitian if you want to get serious about it.

Depending on your particular situation, you may find that your blood sugar levels are more easily controlled when your on a low-carb diet and many people swear by it. Nevertheless, there is no one diet that will work for all diabetics. You'll need to try out a few over time and see what happens. If you have just been diagnosed with diabetes, it is a good idea to talk with a dietitian. This should get you off to a good start. I happen to use a low carb diet and that seems to work for me. As far as the DAFNE program is concerned, DAFNE stands for Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating and is often given to people with type 1. What the program tries to do is teach you how to match and adjust insulin doses to your diet and glucose levels.

Hi I'm currently on a Paleo diet and am T1d could I also register for this course