i been smoking weed ever since i started high school thats 9nth grade.. i be smoking blunts after blunts.. i average about 3-4 blunts a day... but again i had a problem since i was little dealing with seizures.. but my doctor subscribed me to depakote 500mg i take 2 tablets a day... i was wondering if its bad smoking weed and taking the medicine.. does marijuana cause seizures?? while i smoked weed.. i didnt suffer no seizures.. but mostly is because sometimes i would forget to take my medicine... just last week i had another seizure.. around 2:00 am.. and that night i smoked weed (of course).. but i was taking depakote200mg.. is it the medicine that caused this?? cuz i really dont wanna quit smoking weed lol... any one ?

Talk to your doctor man. You really need to ask these kind of questions when you see him, as he's the only one that can give you an accurate answer. Mixing up meds and drugs can have BAD effects, especcially drugs like depakote.

Your doctor won't tell on you, and you won't get in trouble. He's a doctor because he wants to help you. He doesn't have any requirement to tell your parents or cops about the weed. In fact its the oposite, he's not allowed to. And if your parent attends the doctor appointments with you, its perfectly acceptable to ask them to leave. You can even have the doctor do this.

It does not casue seizures it just makes you forget to take it... I tried hash for 2 weeks in Egypt ,but I took my meds and no prob. I take depakote 3x500mg.. o.O

this just happed to me also dude im on levothyroxine, depakote, and i just got off of lithium and adivan.....i had so many different meds im wondering if they are causing me to feel so damn depressed and stupid all the time........

I'm just like you.. 9th grade, smoke a lot, 500mg depakote.
I read that weed helps prevent siezers and ive skip my meds a lot and havent had any.
But instead of ripping a blunt, id hit a bong-better for you

I think I read somewhere that you have temporal lobe epilepsy, weed usually makes things worse, but for other types it actually helps.

For most people, smoking heavy Cannabis Indica strains will prevent seizures. This is the kind bud that gives you a strong body stone and a narcotic, "I feel retarded" high. If you smoke Cannabis Sativa, you will have a lighter, trippier high that isn't so good for seizure control. Generally speaking, the whiter the crystals on your bud are, the better. Just thought I'd spread the news ^_~

hey to all of yall and i started smoking weed alot when i was in tenth grade but i didnt have my first seizure till midway through eleventh, but anyway about two weeks ago i had my third seizure and got prescribed 500 mg of depakote twice a day like alot of you guys and i was just wondering if anything would happen if i took a bong rip or smoked a blunt occaisionally with my friends

hey to all of yall and i started smoking weed alot when i was in tenth grade but i didnt have my first seizure till midway through eleventh, but anyway about two weeks ago i had my third seizure and got prescribed 500 mg of depakote twice a day like alot of you guys and i was just wondering if anything would happen if i took a bong rip or smoked a blunt occaisionally or even did mushrooms with my friends

I Have bipolar disorder and am currently taking depakote as a form of mood stabalizer/anti-depresant. i have noticed that (small amounts) of marijuana do help with the mania very well. When i say small amounts i mean 2 or 3 hots just enough to cause a slight feeling of euphoria.

my brother is bipolar and is on depakote and zyprexa he to smokes weed I have over the years tried to ask him to stop however e have come to a agreemeent that if he keeps doing his treatment takeing his med s so he can get well i will support his use in cannibus ( as long as he is not abusing) However I think I am seeing some hair loss any of you haveing the same Problem? I understand it can be the depakote and does it stop

same thing with me. 10th grade, smoke bud all day everyyy day, 750mg of depakote and 100mg of seroquel, but i have to say when night time comes around, i feel lethargic, depressed, weak, kinda just trapped; on top of this i am suffering from insomnia and only sleep about 2 hours a night.

now i dont think the weed itself is causing the harm, but im curious if the excessive amount being consumed is the reason for all these symptoms.

any ideas of whats causing these undesired effects?

Hello. I appreciate everyone putting their input on this website. You have answered some questions for me. In response to the question about mushrooms.. Do not take them if you have epilepsy at all. I just recently talked to my doctor about that and he told me it would most definitely increase the likelihood of having a seizure. As far as marijuana goes, it helps me a lot. I take 500 mg depakote, 3 times a day, and even though it is illegal, my doctor suggested it to me. So feel free to smoke.. just do it in moderation, don't brag about smokin 4 blunts a day... then you will just end up a brain dead stoner.. Good luck with your illnesses guys.

Guest wrote:

I'm on depakote and every instance where i've smoked marijuana has been absolutely awful.
My hair began to fall out in clumps during the experience.
And my penis shrunk.
The effects were not enjoyable, and I got the munchies worse than ever.

This may sound strange but I am being 1oo% serious.

It does sound strange and I 100% do not believe you. I'm pretty sure if that really happened, you'd be so freaked out that you wouldn't do it again (a human with a brain wouldn't), yet you state that you did it multiple times.

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

And my penis shrunk.

Will you look at that? A human with a brain wouldn't, you say? ...Maybe it isn't a human! :shock:

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

And my penis shrunk.

Lol. Weed just plain doesnt agree with some people, they can force it on themselves, but they are the ones who usually get drug induced schizophrenia or seizures. I know from my own and friends experiences, agrees with most of my friends, one temporarily lost her mind, was sick the first 3 times she smoked then just kept smoking and got a tolerance and yeah... baaad.