How adictive is Hydrocodon?
What are the signs of Hydrocodon addiction?

Hydrocodone is extremely addictive, I started out with two five mg hydrocodones a day for two months and six years later I found myself hooked on oxycontin and methadone, it grabs on to you and takes hold of you when you least expect it. I think that you know this. I think that the signs would be:

1) Feeling euphoria or a sense of "well being" when you use the medication. Feeling like you are "on the ball" or you are very outgoing and that you can do just about anything you want! That's the euphoria talking;).

2)The signs of being addicted to hydrocodone or opiates in general are when you catch yourself seeking the drug even when you don't have pain and you want the drug so you can achieve the feeling that it gives you. I noticed that I had a problem when I had been on it for about two or three months and one day I woke up and I was very sick, like horrible flu symptoms...kind of worse. So I told my husband I couldn't get out of bed and I was also having some pain in my back and legs, well he brought me two hydro's and I was out of bed in 20 minutes and I was supermom. I felt completely 100% "normal"!. Life was great and my "flu" like symptoms were non-existent. My day went well. I think that was when I got a hint of what being addicted was. I had no clue about addiction. I realized that day that I had a problem and my life when downward from there. BE CAREFUL. Personally, I think you are asking these great questions and unfortunately you know the answers, please be careful. You sound like you are ahead of the game dear. Stop while you can! you can always email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

if you are having any problems you would like to discuss. I would be more than happy to help you! :P

my husband of 8 years is now additted to opioids, he takes hydrocodones,somas, flexaril and xanax. He is not the man i married at all, over the last 2 years he has become distant, angry and elusive. He has wrecked his truck,he takes off from work all the time and has to take pills to even get out of bed. I have screamed, begged, cried and talked to him about it all and told him he has a problem but he says it is me, i overreact and i need to back off, i am ready to lave him because of this addiction. He is also mixing alcohol with the pills, what should i do or can i do anything???? Please help on my last leg here

You should RUN