My son has admitted he has been addicted to Loratabs and hyrdocoden. He claims he has stopped using them but I'm having a hard time believing him since he has slurred speech and is very emotional. Are there specific symptoms of the addiction?

help your son and listen to him...he realizes he has a problem..i only wish i could go to my parents.. i am hooked also {10-20 a day}..

I take hydro. and have no slurred speech, I would look around for a form of muscle relaxer, Soma would be one that if you take 2 or mored you would get slurred speech. It could be pretty dangerous if you take too many as it is a muscle relaxer that is commonly abused and it can stop your heart as that is a muscle. You would see a almost intoxicated state. Good luck. Make him get a drug test. How old is he?

We are going through the same with our 18 year old son. Look for half pens or some kind of a tube if he is snorting. He will be pale or pasty, and have dark circles around his eyes. His pupils will be like dots when he is using so look at his eyes in a normally lit room to see if they dialate. Loratab is a gateway drug so get him help as soon as you can. You can also buy a urine test kit from Eckard or CVS, and check at home. The half life of the drug is very short so don't warn him make the test random as you can. Look for professional help. We had an intervention on 4/16 and have seen a counselor since. Good luck.

if your son is 18 you can not drug test him. Some people give advice and dont know what they are talkin about. The only thing you can do is be there for him. It is up to the user to admit a problem and seek help.

I am 24 yrs. old & I am addicted to loratab & I don't know what to do. I have nightmares about pills & If I don't have any I feel like I can't even function. I don't know what to do...

I HAVE BEEN TAKING RX PAIN KILLERS FOR OVER 8 YEARS NOW. I DONT MEAN OCCASIONALLY , I MEAN EVERY DAY, 35- 40 A DAY 10MG AND OCCASIONALLY OXY COD. I HAVE MY OWN BUSINESS SO MONEY HAS BEEN AT HAND FOR THE MEDS TILL NOW. I JUST LOST THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND MY HOUSE WAS FORECLOSED ON. THIS DRUG MAKES ME CAREFREE. I EVEN HAVE MANAGED TO HIDE THIS FROM MY FAMILY. I HAVE TRIED QUITTING A LOT BUT I CANT TAKE THE WITHDRAWALS. SUICIDE IS MY ONLY OTHER OPTION. HOW CAN I KICK THIS HABIT WHILE BEING DISCRETE SO I DONT LOSE MY BUSINESS AND EVERYTHING I WORKED HARD FOR??????????Quote:

:cry: :cry: :x

I definitely feel your pain. I have been taking loratabs for 5 years now. Over the past year it has been an everyday 10-15 10mgs a day and over the past month I have moved on to roxys too b/c they are easier to find. I also take xanax because of panic attacks but, have a hard time making a months supply last more than a week so they don't do me much good. Money hasn't been a problem until recently. My husband shares the same habit. He makes good money but, his checks also go by profit for his store. Low economy means lower profits. But, the pill habit hasn't slowed down. I know exactly what you mean when you mention the carefree habit. When I'm taking them I am so happy so in a way I guess I am self medicating for my depression. I have had many bad things happen in my life but, always seems to focus on them instead of all the good things I have in life. The pills make me happy. I want so badly to be normal. To be happy without taking pills. I have also thought of suicide many times. The pain I would cause my loved ones is the only thing keeping me alive. I sometimes feel like they would be better off without me sometimes b/c I know this can't go on forever. Someday everything will come crashing down and the thought of all the disappointment I will cause kills me inside. My family doesn't know but, I think they are starting to get a clue something is wrong. My husband is better at hiding it. I am worried our marriage won't last this addiction. The pills are coming between us. It's almost like our love for each other has been replaced for love of the pills. My doctor recently sent me to the emergency room for problems unrelated to the addiction. When I was released one of the first questions he asked is did they give you tabs? How many? and let's go fill them. I was the one in horrible pain but, he only cared about how many pills he could get off of me. Don't give up. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! :-(

i am 18 and i am addicted to tabs. my withdrawals are like restless leg syndrome. it sucks. im up all night and useless all day. i just wish there was something i could do

I was addicted to the supposedly best solution for my back pain...5 years later i was taking anywhere from 10-20 a day. Although i am currently in a law suit against the doctor that could never find out where the problem was but was medioating me with enough meds to put an elephant into la la land, but anywho I was all of a sudden shut off cold turkey and even though it was my 12 yr old daughter who so called spilled the beans to that doctor I was glad she did.

I immediatly looked into solutions and help and immediatly found a medication called Suboxome...this to me was a wonder pill... I had no withdrawal symptoms at all...I MEAN AT ALL!!. Although it can be obtained from almost any medical facility the doctors who are allowed to prescribe it have to be certified to distribute... also you have to follow counceling, visits every 30 days to same doctor and surprise drug screenings. I started my recovery in late december of 2007 and was officially dependant free by late march of 2008.
It took my 12 year old daughter to give me a preverbial kick in the ass to get me help. Dont let it get this far if you can.. the quicker you get help stopping the easier and sooner you can be drug dependant.

PS.. after my release from pain medications I made all of my appointments with a specialist since the doctor i am suiing wouldnt see me anymore lol not that i would anyway. On the first visit he looked at my most recent MRI and I was officially and finally after 5 year of excuses diagnosed with Acute RA (Rhuematoid Arthritis,,,sorry for spelling if its wrong) from the long years of abuse to my back...I did a lot of physical abuse from lifting and 2 major accidents and all of the above increased the bone on certain vertibrae to accomodate the stress on my back causing the RA to start its irreversable damage to my lower spine. My current treatment is Tramadol 1 pil 4 times a day and my usual Motrin 800 and have a medical procedure coming up in march that may even allow me to take little to no more meds for this problem at least i hope untill my daughter gets married..or moves out which ever comes first...

NOTE---If anyone sees a little contradiction in my current treatment I have been on the Tramadol for almost a year now and have no addiction issues to this med. As quoted "I have been dependant free since late March of 2008"...Yes I take a semi narcotic pain medication again but it does not control me, and I am not allowing something like that to happen again and I laugh when I write this and look at my 12 yr old/now 14 yr old guardian angel watching me every day and for many days to come XD

If one person benifits from my horribly long story then I feel I have done a good deed and hope they as well benefit and live happy an carefree of the addiction blues.
I may have talked too much but I hope this story

I started taking hydros when i realized that they bring u up and give u energy. Now i am addicted to them and it takes more and more to make me feel them.My boyfriend is also hooked. It is such a expensive habit and it really sucks when you dont have any.I wouldnt recomend anyone to take them. 8-| Good luck to everyone tryin to get off them

My boyfriend is addicted to Loritabs.

Admit it, when you are on them and your family, mate, etc. finds out, you lie. I went thru two months of withdrawals with him only for him to go back to them, and of course he is lying to me that he isn't taking them.

When he is on them we don't have a much of a sex life, he gets an overinflated ego, I can barely touch is body because he becomes over sensitized, and he is broke. Not to mention he sleeps for twelve to fifteen hours at a time.

Yes he is happy when he is on them because he doesn't give a sh-- about anything, carefree alright because he is so high nothing else matters but his pills.

I'm leaving him after almost three years because I can not take it anymore. Two times he tried to quit and I went through all that pain with him, watching him sick and in pain from the addiction. Now I see the one he is hurting the most, is me.

I have lost everything because his addiction has put me into depression and I couldn't work. Between the economy and my depression, I lost my business. You have to be smart not depressed to make it thru a time like this with a business. I finally stopped blaming myself ( something he is good at doing to me) and realized that if I stay in this pile of sh-- I will end up on them too and on the street, while he goes lives off his mother.

I know the chances of him quitting for good are slim, pretty much impossible. I can not stay, the pain is horrible to leave him as he is part of me, the half of me really, that is why I have stayed so long. But I can not do it or I may die myself.

I'm angry, hurting and hate the doctors who have ruined so many lives.

I Have Been Addicted To Loratabs For Three Years And Its True The Only Person That Can Make The Choice To Quit Is The Person That Is Using. I have Quit At One Time For About 5 Months. And With Me When I'm On Them I Loose My Appetite And End Up Loosing Alot Of Weight Rapidly. Its Very Difficult To Quit I Feel Like I Can't Function Without Them. Its Hard For Me To Start My Day If I Don't Have Them And It Worries Me That My Tolerance Is So High. If I Was To Become Injured And Thats What I Was Perscribed It Would Do Me No Good. I Have Been Trying To Cut Down. And I Think I Can Quit Its Just Hard I Become Very Irritable When I Don't Have Any. I Usually Take 8 At A Time Twice A Day And Its Getting To The Point That Don't Work For Me Also. All I Can Say Is To Anyone Trying To Quit Good Luck I Hope You Can Succeed At Quitting And I Pray I Succeed.

It amazes me how so many people think its hard to quit talk.g the pills. I was taking 8 to 15 a day. Moved in with my now husband and stopped cold turkey. If I take one now it knocks me on my ass. I have a spinal I.jury from 2005 and now o. Tremadol and does help alot with my pain. Ut no addiction. Side effects.you. need someone strong in your life that will tell you no and you make you stop the addiction. And to wake up and see the lives you are urging while on these meds.