I do some research on different diseases. Most of them are very dangerous. Now, I’m interested in sexually transmitted ones. Some of my close friends had Chlamdia so I decided to research it. How dangerous it is? Why is it called “silent”? Is it curable? If I my partner use condom am I protected from Chlamdia?

Chlamdia is a curable sexually transmitted infection. It can be transmitted during oral, vaginal or anal sex. Chlamdia is called “silent” disease because you can have it and not know it. Any sexually active woman can be infected with Chlamdia. For those who change partners more often there is greater risk to get infected. Chlamdia, which is caused by bacteria called Chlamdia trachomatis, can damage woman’s reproductive organs. Men also can be infected with Chlamdia. Symptoms of Chlamdia and gonorrhea are similar and you’ll easily confuse them. They also can occur together but rarely. Safest way to avoid Chlamdia is to not have sex, but if you are having sex you should use male latex condoms. The most reliable ways to find out whether you infected or not are through laboratory tests.