Hello. I'm 23 year old female and It seams that I have developed some serious vaginal infections. Only symptoms I noticed is this strange vaginal itching and redness. That’s all.
I didn’t contact my doctor immediately because I thought it will disappear by it self but it didn’t. Then I contacted my gynecologist which took a culture and determine that I have developed fungal infection called Chlamidia.
He didn’t tell anything about it more accept the fact that he looked pretty serious. He also prescribed me some Nystatin cream. Is there anything he didn’t tell me about this vaginal disorder!?

Well, although maybe our gynecologist looked serious- this isn’t so serious infection especially if you only experienced itching and redness. It is quite common among girls your age. Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacterium, Chlamydia trachomatis.
You probably know that this infection can be transmitted during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Your gynecologist looked serious probably because there are a lot of complications of this infection. Sterility is one of the worst. It is also called “silent infection” because several months can pass until woman reports it to her gynecologist. Luckily, you didn’t waste a lot of time!