I have a question that makes me worry so much. I have noticed, maybe few days ago I have itchy scrotum and anus. Since I had unprotected sex with another man, I am afraid. One friend told me it could be sign of some sexually transmitted infection. Could you tell me if itchy scrotum and anus could be sign that I have gonorrhea? I really want to know more about it.

Although many men with gonorrhea may have no symptoms at all, some men have some signs or symptoms. Those gonorrhea symptoms appear two to five days after infection. However, in some cases, symptoms can take as long as 30 days to appear. Symptoms and signs include a burning sensation when urinating, white, yellow, or green discharge from the penis. Sometimes men infected with gonorrhea get painful or swollen testicles. Symptoms of rectal infection in both men and women may include discharge, anal itching, soreness, and bleeding. It could also happen to occur and painful bowel movements. Rectal infection also may cause no symptoms in some gonorrhea patients. As you can see, your symptoms of itchy scrotum and anus could be sign of gonorrhea. That is why I would recommend you to visit your doctor to get appropriate diagnosis. If you had unprotected sex, itchy scrotum and anus could be some sexually transmitted disease, not just gonorrhea, so you should seek for doctor’s check up and physical exam just to be sure.