I know that Chlamydia is a common sexually transmitted disease. I know this infection is caused by bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. What scared me is number of infected, and the fact three, of every four reported cases, occurs in young people under age 25. Now I would like to hear more about this problem. Can you tell me more about Chlamydia, who gets it and which are symptoms.

Chlamydia is a serious disease or infection, which can damage a woman's reproductive organs. The most commonly affected are the uterus or the womb, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. You should know those are tubes, which carry eggs from the ovaries to the uterus. Problem is that this disease often has only mild or no symptoms. However, once it is diagnosed, Chlamydia can be easily treated and cured with antibiotic drugs. Sexually active women and men can get Chlamydia through sexual contact. This STD can be transmitted during vaginal, anal, or oral sex with infected partner. Because there are often no symptoms, people who are infected may unknowingly pass the bacteria to their sex partners, and these way bacteria are spreading. Chlamydia can also be passed from an infected mother to her baby during childbirth, so babies can get Chlamydia infections in their eyes and respiratory tracts. The more sex partners a person has, the greater the risk of being infected with Chlamydia, known as a silent disease. If you think you have Chlamydia or are concerned about it, you should see a health care provider right away.

I havn't had sex for around 8months but now I have a new partner and they said they got chlamydia from me, which means I've had it for ages. Do you think I've already been "damaged" and that if I take the antibiotics it would mean that it wouldn't make any difference apart from get rid of the chlamydia?

I would go to the doctors they should be able to tell you how long you have had it. Be careful alot of people who have an std and find out they have it and passed it to someone else find it very easy to turn around and make it look like the person they are with, are the ones that gave it to them. Good luck.

k i have a question im a 22 female k my boyfriend and me just had anal sex and then he switched to my vagina can i catch chlamydia like that plz let me sumbody thank you