I know someone might think I am crazy, but I have a question. I know that Chlamydia is infection that could spread between couples. However, I would like to know how you get Chlamydia. Is it enough to have one unprotected sex to be infected? I would like to hear more about it, so I would like to hear professionals’ opinion.

Sexually active women and men can get Chlamydia through sexual contact when having sex with an infected person. This is sexually transmitted disease, and can be transmitted during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Because there are often no symptoms, people who are infected may unknowingly pass the bacteria to their sex partners not knowing that. Chlamydia can also be passed from an infected mother to her baby during childbirth, so babies get infections in their eyes and respiratory tracts. The more sex partners a person has, the greater is risk of being infected with Chlamydia. Chlamydia often occurs together with gonorrhea, which is also STD. Gonorrhea and Chlamydia have similar symptoms and can have similar complications if not treated, but you must know Chlamydia is known as a silent disease. This is because 75 percent of infected women and half of infected men have no symptoms at all. If symptoms do occur, they usually appear within 1 to 3 weeks of exposure, which is why this infection is often not diagnosed or treated until there are complications. If you think you have Chlamydia or are concerned about it, you and your sexual partner should see a doctor right away.