i am a 24 year old man and recently found out i have got chlymidia, i have been with my partner for 3 years and last year we both got tested for chlymidia and were negative, i know i have not been unfaithful at all in our 3 year partnership so does this mean my girlfriend has cheated on me 100% or can chlymidia be infected through something else not related to a sexual partner?

Celebrity
Hello! I known of three subtypes of Chlamydia but the thing is that only one subtype is sexually transmitted and its presence found somewhere in the lower urinary tract. In males, the bacterium is found in the urethra, bladder or sperm and in females, in the cervix (the beginning of uterus) and in uterus. The bacteria could be found in the throat as a result of oral sexual contact with an infected partner.

This subtype is called Chlamydia Trachomatis and it is spread by exchanging bodily fluids through mucous membranes in the anus, mouth, and genital areas. Most often, it is asymptomatic, especially in women, but if symptoms occur, they include discharge from the genitals or burning during urination.

Did you notice any other symptoms when you decided to get tested?

Other subtypes are Chlamydia Psittaci, which is acquired in contact with pet birds and also turkeys and ducks and it causes pneumonia and Chlamydia Pneumoniae, which is usually acquired by respiratory route. These are not sexually transmitted diseases, only Chlamydia Trachomatis is.

Can someone tell me how it is possible that my results for chlymidia were positive, but my boyfriend who I've been with for 7 and a half months was tested negative. There's been no cheating from me, but we don't use condoms, and I'm not understanding how he hasnt been affected, not that I want him to have it, I'm just not getting it!!!