Hello all.

I stumbled upon this site after exhaustive research in an event to self-diagnose what I percieve to be a problem.

Some background: I was never cut as a child because my foreskin wasnt excessive. Even now, there isnt enough to fully cover the glans. I do remember needing to perform stretching exercises when I was younger, but I do not recall why. I have no problems retracting as far as the size of the opening is concerned.

However, currently I believe that I have and have had a combination problem of skin bridges and frenulum breve for as long as I can remember - and simply thought it normal if uncut. Only recently had I come to the conclusion that both issues need correction.

Essentially, the skin on the underside of the shaft is attached to the glans. There is a clear seperation, as one sees in pictures, between the shaft and the glans on the top side, but underneath, the glans and the skin of the shaft seem to merge together. This results in a slight downward curve when erect. Full retraction during erection is possible... but painful.

As a side effect of this, due to the greater area of skin connecting the glans and the shaft and inhibiting movement, I do not believe my frenulum has ever held the burden and has never been adequately stretched.

Ive read an awful lot about the procedure to correct frenulum breve, but the same information beyond "surgical procedure" doesnt seem to exist for the correction of skin bridges.

Has anyone here had (or corrected, Doctor's) this combination problem (or correction of skin bridges, individually) and be willing to explain what will occur? I do NOT want to be fully circumcised so Im hopeful that a procedure exists to correct both the tight frenulum and the skin bridges in an outpatient fashion.

I have an appointment with a GP next week. Thank you.

Hi JoeSmith:

It sounds like you have a condition called frenulum breve.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work.  Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.

hi what was the outcome?