Hi, i'm 16 and wanted to know if i should be able to pull back my foreskin all the way while on erect. So far while i'm non-erect i can pull it back over the head and continue to pull until all my foreskin is basicly at the back of my penis but when on erect i cannot pull the skin all the way back due to my frenulum.(i think that's what it's called, the little piece of skin that attaches the foreskin and the head together.)

Basicly when on erect if i continue to pull back my foreskin once it is past my head the head will tilt down due to the frenulum pulling on it. Is this normal and will i outgrow it since it could be a problem during sex.

I still have my foreskin.

My problem is during sex. My foreskin is able to get pulled back past the head of the penis to the "ring" on the penis (where I believe is the point that the foreskin is removed in circumsized males). That is where the problem is. Since when I try to penetrate deeper that foreskin which has clumped together at that ring point is not able to push back any further and it hurts. I see that there is a small piece of tissue connecting my foreskin to the tip of the penis (called the frenulum in some anatomy textbooks). A condom of course has no problems.

Any suggestions??? advice?? apart from circumcision. Thanks.

no one can help ?

Use lubrication to avoid tearing your frenulum.

I'm 17 and am still intact. I've never had sex, but from experience and research I've learned some things. To to me it sounds like you need to stretch your frenulum (then again I'm not an expert so take my advice with a grain of salt). From what you've said it sounds like your foreskin is completely separated from the glands. However the head being pulled down when erect is quite strange. I'd say you need to stretch it try lubing up the penis and gently pulling the frenulum. It may hurt a little if you think it hurts too much stop immediately, because you definitely need your frenulum for sex (as I've read from foreskin help sites). Basically the frenulum is like a safety switch, it controls the power behind your thrusts so you don't injure the woman or yourself during sex. For most men it becomes more flexible over time, but if not stretching could help. If all else fails seek out a doctor.

I think the ring you are referring to is the edge of the gland? It should keep your foreskin over the gland when pulling out to create a gliding motion. Or you could be referring to a ring like band near the base of the head. If it's a ring it could be a buildup of liquid underneath the skin of the penis created from excess friction. Just some suggestions.

You have frenulum breve. You need to start stretching your frenulum if you want your foreskin to go back farther.

I understand your situation. I used to have an issue when my foreskin would slip under the ring and it would hurt if I had sex. The stretching did hurt me a lot. Once the string (frenulum thingy) broke away it was easier. It was my girl friend at that time who was older to me who did masturbate me vigorously that made it snap, It hurt like mad for a couple of days whilst washing but soon healed.

Hi Kutha:

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated, protective foreskin. Many unforeskinned guys would envy your foreskin. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision.

You are very fortunate to have parents that did not circumcise you. You have a whole, complete penis so you have sex the way nature intended it.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans that connects the foreskin to the head is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation. Pulling the foreskin back with too much force can tear the frenulum. The frenulum carries important blood vessels so tearing it usually causes bleeding.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can have sex as you are. Just use lots of lubrication and penetrate slowly, gently, and carefully.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. The stretching is slow because it only goes as fast as tissue expansion That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.