Couldn't find what you looking for?


Some time last year I posted a thread on here as "MrShilto",  and basically I still have the same problem. When I was younger, I always got infections in my genitalia as a result of having tight foreskin, when I was 7 I had an operation to "loosen" the foreskin which solved that problem. 

However, I still have a few problems down there I would like to take care of. 

1) the foreskin is still attached to the glans (I can retract when flaccid, but not when erect)this problem has had me stumped for a few years now, I have done lots of research on this topic and I know that a lot of people have the same issue as I. This issue is really starting to affect me, I'm worried about talking to girls/getting into relationships because I know I'd be uncomfortable with having sex, if it ever led to that. When I retract my penis (flaccid) I see that the foreskin is still connected to the underside of the glans, and I don't think this is normal... I do not want circumcision and would love to have this problem solved fairly soonish (if at all possible) 

2) my glans is also really sensitive and I can't touch it in most places without it being painful, and I would also like this to be solved fairly soonish (if at all possible) 


these problems are really getting me down and making me feel like I'm inferior to other males, when they're all bragging how they've had sex with someone and I'm just there like "Yeah, that's great" and feeling really awkward because I have to act as if there's nothing wrong. 


Please could you help me fix these two problems it would make my year!


Hi Guest,

Look up frenulum and see if that's what you are referring to when you say your penis is "connected."  If so, it's normal.

It can be "short" and limit how far you can retract.  There is a procedure your urologist can do to lengthen it a bit.

It's also VERY normal for your glans to be sensitive as it has been covered all your life.  You need to leave it exposed so that it dries up a bit and toughens up some. 

It do think you need to work on stretching your foreskin.  The more you do it the faster you'll notice an improvement.  You can use your fingers to spread the opening OR you can get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin.

Don't worry about anyone else or what they think. 

Hope it helps.



That attachment is called the frenulum.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The frenulum has a high level of sensation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat this condition and is very harmful.

 ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use





I understand that the frenulum is supposed to be there, this is not the problem, my problem is that it's connected to where it should be near the opening and further down on the glans too. 

Also, the band (frenar band, I believe) it connected to the underside or rim of the glans all the way across.


Thank you.



How old are you? Thing change while you're in puberty.

You could see your urologist for an examination. You may need a frenulectomy or frenuloplasty. We can't say without an exam.

Don't assume you need a circumcision. That would be the last resort.

Good luck.


I'm 16.


I've kind of been thinking of going to see a doctor about it, but I want to see if I can help my self first. I do not want circumcision so that is literally the last option.



I assumed you were in your teens.

It is normal for your foreskin not to retract until about 16 or so. Remember, everyone is different.

Worst case, trying to have sex, you'd probably tear the frenulum. It happens, a lot. You'd have some bleeding and pain. It may or may not "help" the problem however. It depends upon how it heals.


Thanks man!

I'm going to give it until maybe next year or so and if it still hasn't sorted itself out then I will go and see my Doctor to see what they suggest I do.



I'm 13 and I have the exact same problem