How can you recognize that you're dealing with chronic insomnia and what are treatment options?I am asking this because I am totally sure that I do have problems with insomnia and I am scared that this can become chronic as well.

I can't sleep for more than 15 days and I never had sleeping problems.

I do everything that is correct - I turn off my television, I don't use my phone, I read some book and I don't eat at all before I go to bed.

So, what am I doing wrong?

What can I make different to sleep well again? 

Easily, observe the symptoms. If you have some of next symptoms, that I am going to write in here then you should consult your doctor.

Symptoms of chronic insomnia can be next:

- the first of the signs is - you have trouble with falling asleep,

- you feel depressed and anxious,

- you feel some tensions,

- you are dealing with headaches,

- you are not able to focus,

- you are worried all the time will you be able to feel asleep when the night comes.

When it comes to chronic insomnia treatment, you should first determine the main cause of it and then think about the treatment. 

Celebrity

Yes, those are definitely the most common symptoms of insomnia. I would like to add a couple more of them - you have a hard time to socialize yourself, you don't feel comfortable with someone around you, everything bothers you, you are feeling tired even if you were sleeping last night, etc.

Now, when it comes to treatment, there are several treatments that don't include your doctor in it. 

For example, you need to improve your sleeping hygiene. That is the first thing that you need to do. Other things that might help you are relaxation techniques, cognitive therapy, sleep restrictions, etc.

Try it! 

I had trouble with this. A huge, huge trouble. I have tried all those essential oils, I was drinking a lot of green tea, but still nothing. It seems a little bit odd, but the only thing that actually helped me were my daily schedule that I was making every day and better sleeping hygiene. What this actually means for those who don't know what this is? It means there is no sleeping too much or too little. You need to find the middle. Also, you should exercise daily. Don't try forcing sleep - it won't have any effect. You will feel tired after this. Also, you should maintain a regular sleep schedule, avoiding caffeine at night, avoiding smoking, going to your bed hungry but also you should not eat heavy meals. Find the balance. That is the clue!

Hey, those are really good advice. But I stick by one theory - don't try anything until you consult your doctor. Why? Because as far as I can see, you don't even know do you have problems with insomnia or you are just dealing with some stressful period of your life that is manifested with the lack of sleep. You should do some tests before you start to do anything about this.

So, first - doctor.

Do you even have any of those symptoms, that is the most important question?

If you have three of them at least then you should be concerned....

Hello there. Thank you for being so kind and because you have tried to answer all my questions. I am scared for reason, obviously. I would never write any of those if I don't have any suspicions about this. Ok, maybe I got a little bit too far believing that I have issues with chronic insomnia, but with insomnia, I believe that I do have problems. I am not able to concentrate at any of my work. Also, I don't feel good when I am up from my bed, I feel really tired and I don't know why - now I think that I got the answer to this question. I don't exercises, so obviously I can't get tired during the night. And no, I don't like the doctors and that is the main reason why I still haven't visit one...

We can't tell from your post what is wrong with you exactly. But, there you go - you have the possible symptoms that are the main indicators for chronic insomnia, you have some ways to improve your life and your habits that can help you fight insomnia. The only thing that we haven't told you when it comes to the treatment options are medications. Maybe your doctor will recommend you some, so you should be prepared. The medications for this issues usually are : sleeping pills, antidepressants (they are the most common), antihistamines, melatonin (it is natural and it really works - it is my recommendation).

Good luck!