Hi! I'm 35 and I have diabetes. Since last months I have a huge problem with sleeping. I always feel sleepy like I didn't sleep enough. Because of that I have a problem with concentration when I'm at work. I didn't go to see my doctor yet to talk about that. Does somebody can tell me is it possible to link diabetes and problems with sleeping?

Unfortunately, I can not be sure about your problem. But definitely diabetes can cause sleeping problems. Of course, there are lots of other reasons why you do not get enough sleep. I know that some people have mild hypoglycemia while sleeping and it may lead to problems with sleep quality. So it may be a warning sign for hypoglycemia or, maybe, depression.

Hello there Alaric,

Unfortunately problem with sleeping can be cause of various different things. First of all you should really talk to your doctor because if this problem is connected with the fact that you are suffering from diabetes you should get to the bottom of it as soon as possible.

Also, it can be a sign of depression and this is very serious so my advice to you is to try to get yourself involved in some kind of physical activity. This is beneficial and for your diabetes and for your mental state as well. Also physical activity will get your body exhausted and that should be helpful when you try to sleep. I hope this was helpful.